Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

BTTF had French, I think, on the box. Is that what is on the Ghostbusters box.

Qui vous-allez appeler? is French. There are eight different languages on the side - English, French, Spanish and German I recognize but the other four I don't.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

Built one of my Ecto-1s tonight. It is a very cool build! Thinking about getting some of the custom arms for them. Considering adding some real lights as well. It's a very nice display set. I still wish we could have gotten the Firehouse too. If you are on the fence about getting this, i recommend getting it. You will be glad you did. 

I plan to have 1 per month (so I can get monthly a polybag).

To invest but also to make nice Xmas or birthday gifts.

That's been a long time since I wasn't so wild about a lego set. :)

I even played the ray parker song on my record deck the night I ordered this set. :purple:

And about the arms... I don't care. If you change this, you also have to change bill murray's hair, add a rotta the hutt to have it displayed like a ghost, etc.

It would be too much expensive overall for such details IMO.

Got my Ectos today. My son is stoked to build one.

Wish I could say the same. Fed Ex claims they left them at my front door yesterday but they didn't.... I was here.

Res-sent from Lego and now have to find out what happened to a $300 package...

That sucks, hope it works out.

It already has; I contacted Lego yesterday evening and they are over-nighting another package to me today. I gave them the case number I had from [crappy] Fed-Ex and they are going to do their own investigation. My building has cameras all over it and I am already in the process of getting that data as well.

On the note of crappy Fed-Ex, this isn't my first issue with them. They frequently damage the shipping boxes in transit and I usually get one or two boxes that are just ruined. Anyone else have crap luck with Fed-Ex?

Built one of my Ecto-1s tonight. It is a very cool build! Thinking about getting some of the custom arms for them. Considering adding some real lights as well. It's a very nice display set. I still wish we could have gotten the Firehouse too. If you are on the fence about getting this, i recommend getting it. You will be glad you did. 

Wait, there is a firehouse for sale out there somewhere?  I saw a picture of one but assumed it was a custom.  Link me!

Oh wait, do you mean the modular firehouse?

Fed-Ex for me has sucked in the past. I used to live in a rural area but on a main road. Fed-Ex put my package in a transparent garbage bag and tied it around my mail box for the world to see. Anyone could have driven by and just reached out and grabbed it. This is the kind of geniuses that work for Fed-Ex.