Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

With huge sets like the sand crawler and SSD I can see the logic in waiting for the last possible minute to stock up because of the size of the sets and the space they take up but I don't see any reason not to stock up early on these smaller cuusoo sets, they don't take up to much room.

The freebie Balloon Cart will be a nice flip on eBay... 

Will this one ever be discounted would be a reason to wait...   :twitch:

Well, thing is if it ends up like Minecraft, it just seems like a waste. I can`t see the demand for it being anywhere near the former, but still, 2 year release would suck if looking for profits. Could be flippable during Xmas though, or if/when OOS, but it`s not going away any time soon. Look what Lego has done with the Delorean, you can find that set everywhere now. 

• Like 2

I bought two just in case it ends up like the rover being oos. I usually don't buy new stuff unless I can flip it. Don't want to get caught with my pants down

This set will be a huge hit and sell well from now until Christmas. It's just a matter of did LG accurately estimate the demand and produce enough.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

This set will be a huge hit and sell well from now until Christmas. It's just a matter of did LG accurately estimate the demand and produce enough.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Right, and have they learned their lesson or well they continue to make the mistake of not producing enough

I would guess "exclusive" refers the fact it isn't stocked in non-Lego Store B&M stores. Similar to other exclusives (modulars, etc.), they are offered through online retailers but you can't find them on the shelves at TRU, Target, etc. (except for the occasional on-line purchase return). That's not to say they couldn't roll it out through B&M retailers in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker