Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

since folks already found summer release sets at TRUs, but nobody reported seeing ghostbusters, we will have to assume that if TRU does have them , then only online. I am just considering if it would be worth it to storm TRU stores June 1st with stacks of coupons, waving hands and mumbling random numbers, to get a chance for below MSRP action on these...

Hey, even if you don't find it you can get a good deal on Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Do stores already have the Ecto-1 for sale?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/4483027790.html

Maybe at Lego stores already?? Also, it has been on tru first page for best selling lego sets for a few days now and that page is fairly accurate I believe so perhaps they did have some already?

My local LEGO store said they already have them in the back, but cannot sell until the 1st :( So it's entirely likely some retailers are putting them out early by mistake or something like the Simpsons figs.

Super excited for this set, may try my luck on release day at my local store vs. online to get it sooner :D

Just call the my local TRU and they don't have it in stock on the store or any store close by, "but" they have 430 sets ready to go on the distribution center, she doesn't know when they will get them in. So I have to keep calling or go straight to the store.

Just call the my local TRU and they don't have it in stock on the store or any store close by, "but" they have 430 sets ready to go on the distribution center, she doesn't know when they will get them in. So I have to keep calling or go straight to the store.

I chatted with a CS guy yesterday, who claimed he can lookup inventory of every TRU store nationwide. He said none have it yet. he did not mention distribution centers, but then i did not ask

Any news on the numbering of the sets? I'm curious to know whether or not they are going to stick with 20,000 copies, or whatever the amount was, since we are under LEGO Ideas guidelines now.

I doubt it. Minecraft and BTTF are not limited to a number that small, I don't think it'll be any different with Ghostbusters.

Any news on the numbering of the sets? I'm curious to know whether or not they are going to stick with 20,000 copies, or whatever the amount was, since we are under LEGO Ideas guidelines now.

I am pretty sure that "20,000" limit has been thrown out the door for Cuusso sets.

To me, it seems like anything that has something big in what kids are interested in, ie, movies, videogames, ect, then the limit is thrown out of the door.

If a lesser known idea passes the review, it may be limited to only 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, ect, unlike Minecraft or BTTF which have definately sold way more than the supposed limit.

LEGO realized that they could make a lot of money if they were to only make one set of a very popular pop culture thing and 'limit' the production of said set, making it more popular during it's supposed 'short' lifespan.

If the Exo-Suit is limited to a greater extent when compaired to GB, MC, BTTF, then we have somewhat of a case to here to believe that, but no one really knows what LEGO will do, it's all pointless speculation, and LEGO loves it because we'll just buy more of said set, allowing them to recoup their investment faster and allow them to make larger and larger profits.