Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

This one is not limited to 10k/20k is it? I know what Cuusoo says, but surely Lego will make more for a set like this, so as not to end up like the Rover? Regardless, I`m getting the maximum amount per order right away, whether that is 1 or 2. This set looks fantastic! 

This one is not limited to 10k/20k is it? I know what Cuusoo says, but surely Lego will make more for a set like this, so as not to end up like the Rover? Regardless, I`m getting the maximum amount per order right away, whether that is 1 or 2. This set looks fantastic!

It most likely isn't, prices would soar if it was. LEGO probably doesn't want a repeat of the whole Minecraft fiasco, a lot of parents were mad when they had to pay upwards of 100 for their child on one gift worth only 10 to them, gave a bit of a negative influence on the brand, but I digress.

It will probably be like the BTTF set, quick flip potential, but a very short time frame to do so.

I think the Exo-Suit may be 'the next one' in terms of quick flip potential, I think LEGO may think that it isn't a worthwhile set but will have a second, and larger, production run, after sales prove otherwise. It may also be the return of Classic Space in a sense, too bad it doesn't release the same day as Benny's Spaceship, but that's my two cents on the topic.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm ordering the maximum back-to-back as soon as it's available until it runs out.  I did the same with the Mars Rover.  Not the Delorean as it was crap!

I think the only issue with the DeLorean is the front end. I myself have the piece that Team BTTF used, but I'm the kind of person who finds it hard to modify an official LEGO design unless I really have an issue with it. I do agree that the Ecto-1 looks much better than the DeLorean though.

I'm ordering the maximum back-to-back as soon as it's available until it runs out.  I did the same with the Mars Rover.  Not the Delorean as it was crap!

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!  :sarcastic:

To the first part, yes, do it. If it goes OOS for a month at a time like the Rover, the price is going to go up enough for a flip, I`m sure of that. 

US TRU listing is up for Ecto-1:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35592606&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

Too bad it is just below 50 -  would have to add filler for 10 off 50. I hope there would be a time frame where it is not Hot Price, so that at least 20% off regular purchase would work...

Keep an eye in stores - if they have August sets out already, might as well have Ecto-1 nearby

That project is cool enough, but it`s not going to happen. I don`t know why people propose ideas for themes that have already been classified as "not going to happen" or "already happened/happening". Lego is not going to do any other Cuusoo/Ideas themed Ghostbusters or BTTF sets again. The whole point is no encompass more ideas across more themes/ideas/platforms. More diversity is key, though I see no reason why someone wouldn`t sell custom models of something like this, that would be more doable. Still, looks cool! 

That project is cool enough, but it`s not going to happen. I don`t know why people propose ideas for themes that have already been classified as "not going to happen" or "already happened/happening". Lego is not going to do any other Cuusoo/Ideas themed Ghostbusters or BTTF sets again. The whole point is no encompass more ideas across more themes/ideas/platforms. More diversity is key, though I see no reason why someone wouldn`t sell custom models of something like this, that would be more doable. Still, looks cool!

I do think it may be possible that LEGO MAY (a giant MAY) produce sets for other themes even if they don't pass the review process aslong as demand is shown, for example, once 4-7 projects of one theme get to the review stage, for this we'll use BTTF as an example, LEGO could choose to produce it as a theme, shelf life 4 or less years. For BTTF in general would would see smaller sets, Marty's Truck, medium scale, GMC Van with small Delorean, large scale, Locomotive 131, ect.

Just my thoughts though, and it would allow new ideas to flow in, and still new sets from older ideas.

If the set turns out to be popular it could happen. Just look at Minecraft. If there is money to be made LEGO won't miss the opportunity.

I myself haven't, but I have seen all 3 Minecraft sets at my TRU.

since folks already found summer release sets at TRUs, but nobody reported seeing ghostbusters, we will have to assume that if TRU does have them , then only online. I am just considering if it would be worth it to storm TRU stores June 1st with stacks of coupons, waving hands and mumbling random numbers, to get a chance for below MSRP action on these... 

• Like 1