Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Can we clarify whether this exclusive will even be discounted or rolled back w.e. Walmart term is. I doubt it if Lego exclusives sets can not have discounts anymore I doubt a discount will come for this one. I can get this one 5 bucks off best I can do at legoland discovery with 10% off membership.

I'm gonna order the printed arms for my set and maybe a few more for future investments may help add some value. Also gonna get a light kit at brick world for it and I have small sound modules gonna most this one and trick it out. I'll post pictures and video whenever I get around to finishing it.

I saw this built at the local LEGO store and it is TINY.  I was expecting it to be twice the size.  I'll wait until its on Walmart rollback.

Its mini fig scale what did you expect its not just a for display its also for kids to play with. I think its a little large actually but scale size is good because a 59 Cadillac like this one is a huge car a little over 20 feet long and 8 feet wide this model is pretty accurate assuming 1 stud equals 1 foot in Lego world.

Can we clarify whether this exclusive will even be discounted or rolled back w.e. Walmart term is. I doubt it if Lego exclusives sets can not have discounts anymore I doubt a discount will come for this one. I can get this one 5 bucks off best I can do at legoland discovery with 10% off membership.

I'm gonna order the printed arms for my set and maybe a few more for future investments may help add some value. Also gonna get a light kit at brick world for it and I have small sound modules gonna most this one and trick it out. I'll post pictures and video whenever I get around to finishing it.

Wait...how can I do that? Is there any place online to get the lighting kit? Or at least see it in action? And what are these sound modules you are talking about?

Wait...how can I do that? Is there any place online to get the lighting kit? Or at least see it in action? And what are these sound modules you are talking about?

Check out life lights I believe its called for all your Lego lighting needs they have some good priced items and cheep leds solid and blinking can change patterns.

Check YouTube for videos back in 2009 the guy did a custom ecto 1 with spinning leds but they don't produce those shame as it would add so much to this set and many others. Its a recording module you can record like 20 to 30 seconds of sound and play it back with a button runs on 9v battery I get them from radio shack 12 dollars I think. I have a ton left over from side work I was doing.

Ecto 1 will have to be severely modded to fit lights and sound but I was planning to add on to it anyway. I can never leave a Lego set alone I find fun in making it my own modding it to be more detailed and unique.

Does anyone think that pairing the HH with Ecto 1 will increase value later on down the road or does it really even fit in with the haunted house? Yes I know there are ghosts in the HH but does this set look good with it? I need to see pictures first. Not opening any of my HH right now I've built one before but sold it so I can not vouch for appearance nor have I built my ecto 1 yet.

Here you go lifelites http://www.lifelites.com/

And YouTube video from 2009 just demonstration you can't get spinning lights anymore unless maybe they can custom make for us I'm in for a set. I'll talk to the guy at brick world I'm attending they'll be there.

Wow. Okay, time to figure this out.

I'm BL'ing a Grand Carousel, and want to add lighting to it. So I've got a couple applications for this. Thanks.

Wow. Okay, time to figure this out.

I'm BL'ing a Grand Carousel, and want to add lighting to it. So I've got a couple applications for this. Thanks.

no problem actually sounds sweet for the GC i mite bricklink one to eventually just have to many other projects right now.

Just got my package in the mail...And it's missing one of my ECTO-1's! :mad:

But Lego customer service is freakin' great; they had my order set up and ready to go in just a few minutes.  Apparently I ordered an hour or so before the "balloon cart" promo had started and I asked about it and she's going to send me one of those as well!  

Thankfully it's a duplicate set so I'm not really missing out on anything since I plan on holding onto the set  while.

-Robert