Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Would anyone be interested in splitting the shipping costs with me for the custom printed arms? I can order multiple sets of arms and then divide the cost, plus $1.93 for reshipping the arms to you. The original shipping cost is flat rate and quite high (6.50 eur), so doing this will save a few bucks. 4 sets of arms (one set being 4 pairs of arms) would be around USD $21 each versus $25 originally.

I need to get a set of 4 for mine also but can't pay till weekend no money in bank.

is this a new sales trick to target upscale market? "You bought it at $49.99?? Phht, get this - I bought it for whole $10 more!! nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!"

It sure works on people who buy BMW M-series cars... My friend looked into buying one at one point, and the markup on those things are way over MSRP.

Yep, he should have chosen orange in the first place, but at least he`s rectified that issue now.

In Brent Waller's defense, the red color was very striking and gave the structure a 'brand new' appearance as though it was given a fresh coat of paint. What Sergio Herencias did was better mimic the style from the movies essentially real life with a more worn down & faded look. Also I think orange still is not an easy color to acquire in the brick sizes right for constructing a building whereas red is. Either design choice is a 'win-win' depending on what you would like for your own display. I'm not sure which way to go myself if given the choice as they both look great.
  • Like 1