Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get the hype for Leslie Jones...all she does is scream on SNL.  Like the other three.

This news helps the value of Ecto and a possible firehouse...since the new ones are all female, there will be no confusion over which ghostbusters minifigs a set has and people will be nostalgic for the old guys.

As bad as this sounds (reads), on a whole, I rarely find women comedians funny. Sara Silverman is about the only female comedian I can honestly say I like.

Amy Schumer and Kristen Schaal are hilarious. I don't get the Silverman infatuation. I mean I know she is a cute girl who talks about disgusting sex and says racist things and oh my god that's so like edgy but I feel like she tries way to hard.

• Like 3

I'll probably start picking them up next month at Lego B&M. I've got some VIP credits along with some Han Solo coupons to use, plus the city poly bag bonus.

I believe the Han Solo coupon states free with a Star Wars purchase so unless you get a friendly cashier buying the Ecto-1 probably won't get you Han.  My plan is battle packs to get the Han.

I believe the Han Solo coupon states free with a Star Wars purchase so unless you get a friendly cashier buying the Ecto-1 probably won't get you Han.  My plan is battle packs to get the Han.

Drat! You are correct.  The best laid plans of mice and men....  Maybe they'll have a Red 5 lying around, if my budget allows.  At least the City polybag doesn't require a City purchase.

I have not read the past 30 pages ( yes I'm a slacker ), but given that the deloran seems to have gone do we think that this set has more than 6 months life in it? It's in the latest UK catalog which goes to June.

I don't think so because the set has only been available for a little over half a year now. My guess is that it will retire after two years.

I think you're wishing time away. According to Brickset, the set was released in June 2014.

the delorean only last a year and half, as did the mini minecraft (other than the original forest).  however this life cycle on this set is really unpredictable.  the new movie is likely to be released the summer of 2016.  If they are working on new sets to go with the movie, they would likely be release a month or two before.  if that is the case this set could just stick around until then (would be about 2 years).  Also if they are going to release the Headquarters from Ideas, that could keep this set going as well.  It is hard to say if they will keep this set around, post movie release, but I would not really expect this set to go much before then.  

Overall I would say at least another year, but it also may last most of 2016.  Now if they do release the Headquarters soon and based on the original IP, that would likely not last long...

Quick reminder. This is a Lego set thread and not a movie one. Sure, a quick Ecto-1 reference to the movie is more than acceptable.

There is actually already a thread for movie reboots.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/13166-movie-reboots-prequels-and-sequels-this-is-a-non-lego-thread/

I'll move the off-topic thread into that one later today.

• 2 weeks later...