Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

I thought target, walmart and b&****** have it

They all do & also still at LEGO Shop at Home w/ a limit of 5. amazon being out isn't much to report. It's been in stock & out there repeatedly & rarely at MSRP for some reason. 

I am worried that the rage over 21109 and 21110 carries down to Ecto-1 and wipes it away. And I say worried as I have none of this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

My opinion would be the opposite, that the rage over the other 2 sets has taken any focus/interest away from the Ecto-1. Not that BP is the sole indicator, but there's barely been a word on here for 10 days or so regarding this set, so it feels like it's fallen by the wayside for the time being. I think this is around a while longer, but what do I know. 

Its out on TRU, online and in my local stores.  It's also out on Amazon.  Good sign?

Went to TRU despite the website saying their out, and found one. On my way out I got stopped by some random dude asking me where I found the ghostbusters set, told him I grabbed the last one, offered me $20 even though I hadn't bought it yet. Needless to say even in 5 years when the movie celebrates 35 years I think this item will be wanted.

They all do & also still at LEGO Shop at Home w/ a limit of 5. amazon being out isn't much to report. It's been in stock & out there repeatedly & rarely at MSRP for some reason.

My opinion would be the opposite, that the rage over the other 2 sets has taken any focus/interest away from the Ecto-1. Not that BP is the sole indicator, but there's barely been a word on here for 10 days or so regarding this set, so it feels like it's fallen by the wayside for the time being. I think this is around a while longer, but what do I know.

It was just too available. What to talk about? The big question - will there be shortage around Christmas? It makes too perfect adult-targeted gift

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A two year license on this would make sense, given that the new movie (series reboot?), will likely be release not long after the license ends.  However it is also entirely possible that lego already has negotiated, or has options in the existing contract, for the new movie rights.  If that is true we will likely see new sets in the future.  The only question is will this set live on, or will it be replaced by something else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...