Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Still gone from LEGO Shop at Home

Damn you glitch and lazy programmers for not putting the page back up ... :mad:

mscheaf... you seem to pretty certain of your claim.. Have some information the rest of us don't know about?

​This happens...doesn't require inside info....It's happened before several times.   

mscheaf... you seem to pretty certain of your claim.. Have some information the rest of us don't know about?

If you go back a page or two, people have phoned customer service to place orders verbally, and CS has confirmed there's tons of stock. It's just not online for whatever reason (idiot programmers as mentioned).

Edited by Zelgazra

Just the people who mentioned on this very thread that they called Lego and were told it was a glitch. And then how I also called Lego and they told me the same thing. But by all means, go ahead and panic and conspiracy theorize. Facts have never stopped anyone from doing that around here anyway,

Edited by mscheaf

I want them to repost it with a 20% discount for 24 hours for the mistake. I demand it! I want to build one of these and can't unless I have 6 in my inventory. This is a travesty! I do really want to put this one together though and place on my display shelf. 

I want them to repost it with a 20% discount for 24 hours for the mistake. I demand it! I want to build one of these and can't unless I have 6 in my inventory. This is a travesty! I do really want to put this one together though and place on my display shelf. 

​If you have one, just build it.

Even if it goes suddenly eol and disappears, I'd say you would build one anyway.

Yeah it has to be a glitch, of course because Lego tell us so, but also because it seems logical that all the sets did not vanished in a few days:

21108-11.jpg

Fun to see that a seller (lego) do not care about the fact that they can't sell anymore this set, and that they are taking dust on pellets. lol

Yeah it has to be a glitch, of course because Lego tell us so, but also because it seems logical that all the sets did not vanished in a few days:

Fun to see that a seller (lego) do not care about the fact that they can't sell anymore this set, and that they are taking dust on pellets. lol

​Unless they decide to provide multiple retailers this set as was done with Delorean.

Even though I personally called LEGO CS and they told me the set is not online because of a glitch, part of me is like WTH - that's BC.  

So everything is awesome, back to worrying about other sets retiring etc, right?  WRONG!

Since when do I take the words a LEGO CS rep as gospel?  
LEGO rep says something is retiring, gut response is to say NO WAY.

LEGO rep says something is not going away, lots instock just not online - response is  OK.   really?  

LEGO is a multnational multibillion dollar company.  And they can't keep a webpage up for a week?

IMO, this is a bunch of crap to keep the hoard from chewing through other reseller inventories.

All my speculative opinion but I'm acting accordingly.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Just the people who mentioned on this very thread that they called Lego and were told it was a glitch. And then how I also called Lego and they told me the same thing. But by all means, go ahead and panic and conspiracy theorize. Facts have never stopped anyone from doing that around here anyway,

Sorry but that's just plain and simple funny. You claim that the LEGO reps tell you facts? Fact is, it's not on the site. All the rest are not facts but just speculation. Including my theory that they might distribute the remaining stock to other retailers.

Sorry but that's just plain and simple funny. You claim that the LEGO reps tell you facts? Fact is, it's not on the site. All the rest are not facts but just speculation. Including my theory that they might distribute the remaining stock to other retailers.

Fact is you can order it right now on the phone limit 5.

Yeah, was thinking the same - maybe it will show up in TRU soon. You would think that that big jump was the last production run, in any case.

​I've been seeing these at TRU for months.      You can also already buy them on all the big retailers websites. 

The fact is some of you REALLY want this to be going out of stock so just buy some and quit complaining about semantics to people who have to called LEGO. 

Edited by stephen_rockefeller
language......no rules have changed.
  • Like 1

The fact is some of you REALLY want this to be going out of stock so just buy some and quit complaining about semantics to people who have to called LEGO. 

​This is not complaining about semantics. This is about claiming your vision is a fact 'oh still plenty of stock, you can still wait to buy it' or a theory that it MIGHT be over with soon and not to wait too long and pointing out that something is up with this set. I could care less if it is in or out stock. I have enough and if they come back on site, I will buy a couple more.

This set is not available at TRU NL or any large retailers in Belgium.

Edited by stephen_rockefeller