Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

I actually have no idea how many ecto's have been sold. And I guess only a few souls on this planet know. I think at least one. Cause that is how many I have.

Why am I not surprise you are holding that many when there are still plenty more available at the Lego stores

I bought a new one with no box recently. So I thought I would build it. It's a good small build, quite fiddly in some ways. It took approx 90 mins. 

it's a nice looking set, better proportioned than the Delorean. 

Now that the Exo Suit is retiring now which was released at a similar time I wonder how long this has to go. 

may just be the nostalgia talking but it seems like they tried a little too hard to match the original, and it ended up being nowhere near a cool.

I think this is far better than what I expected, which was THE 2016 BUICK REGAL ECTO 1 - MAX SPONSOR EDITION. At least they did something slightly different vs. selling out.

Interesting. That car would have been near new when the original movie was released. Now it's probably a similar to the original Ecto-1. 

I thought this this movie was a continuation, not a reboot. So shouldn't it be Ecto-2. :)

That Ecto-1 will be destroyed within 30 minutes of the movie and the girls will be driving much cooler Ecto-2 by the end of the movie

The original 1959 Cadillac had so many classy curves I find it difficult to see anything else take place of the spirit sapping Ecto-1 and this replacement seems a bit on the 'regal' side and rather boxy but I know better than to judge before seeing the vehicle in action so I will wait for something more substantial like a teaser clip or similar.

• 4 weeks later...

Stay Puft and Terror Dog are money! I don't play video games but I need that set. I'm sure my wife is going to want a Stay Puft too. What's the rumored pricing on these Fun Packs? $30? I hope not. 

IIRC, Fun packs are $14.99 & Level Packs are $29.99

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Pretty sure those horns on the terror dog were also on the cow skull in Silver Mine from Lone Ranger.  As for these packs?  Pure gold.  Everyone that has an Ecto-1, and even those that don't yet that are fans are going to want Slimer and Stay Puft. Are you kidding me?  Stay Puft Marshmallow Man as a minifig?   Awesome.

• Like 4