Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

A lot of people who are not hardcore fans of the franchise don´t necessarily associate Bill Murray with GB or even remember he was in it and he has done a lot of more interesting films since then whereas it was Michael J Fox´s career highlight.

people don't associate Bill Murray in Ghostbusters?? ummmmm, what planet are these people from? 

• Like 2

A lot of people who are not hardcore fans of the franchise don´t necessarily associate Bill Murray with GB or even remember he was in it and he has done a lot of more interesting films since then whereas it was Michael J Fox´s career highlight.

What makes you state that?

I know how sceptic you are about the Ecto-1. But this is too far fetched.

Edited by Ciglione

Of course they don't associate Bill Murray with Ghostbusters.

Hang on, where's the sarcasm button.

Of course they don't associate Bill Murray with Ghostbusters.

Hang on, where's the sarcasm button.

Honestly, when I hear "Bill Murray" I think of his hilarious cameo in Zombieland; not Ghostbusters.

If you asked me who played in Ghostbusters, Murray would be my first response. But for me personally, Murray = hilarious scene in Zombieland.

Honestly, when I hear "Bill Murray" I think of his hilarious cameo in Zombieland; not Ghostbusters.

If you asked me who played in Ghostbusters, Murray would be my first response. But for me personally, Murray = hilarious scene in Zombieland.

You're just showing your age, you young p###k :)

Edited by Sprocket77
Needed a smiley face :)
  • Like 1

What makes you state that?

I know how sceptic you are about the Ecto-1. But this is too far fetched.

GB franchise was no way  his career high point and I challenge anyone to defend that it was - it might have been for the  guy that played Zeddemore or even for Ray Parker Junior...

Nothing to do with the Lego sets worth, BTW, they just aren´t that good films in the global scheme of things and look really dated now IMHO.

''He slimed me"

and 

'We came, we saw, we kicked it's ass!'.

Murray had all the best lines in it.

He was cool in Zombieland. He's an extremely popular actor. He's done a variety of stuff, but I mostly like him for his deadpan comic style. I know Garfield sucked, but I can't think of a better actor to the voice of that cat. I digress....

I reckon anyone born in the US/Canada/Aus/UK between 1960 and 1980 would definitely associate him with GB (or perhaps Groundhog Day) the most. 

I reckon Ecto will do very well in the secondary market . As long as TLG pull the plug on it earlier rather than later 

• Like 1

Where'd you get that discount if you don't mind me asking :)

Asda Direct (George) applying a £20 discount to Lego orders over £100. So ten orders of 3 each with 6% cashback works out at 33% discount. It's worth noting that when I placed my previous order through Asda they sent the Ecto-1's in their official Lego boxes (3 to a box)

Asda Direct (George) applying a £20 discount to Lego orders over £100. So ten orders of 3 each with 6% cashback works out at 33% discount. It's worth noting that when I placed my previous order through Asda they sent the Ecto-1's in their official Lego boxes (3 to a box)

Can you explain the math here, I've already bought some this way and I had the discount at 26% ?

RRP 44.99

Asda 41.97 x 3 = 125.91 - 20 = 105.91 - 6% = 99.55  / 3 = 33.18 each

saving 11.80 on rrp which is 26 % ?