Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Is this true?

Yes, it's true.....this man has no....

Might not make sense if you don't get the message contents via notification, but this thread was derailing in a way that some would have deemed offensive.

Let's get back to Ecto-1 please.

Hey crusty - if they tank you could always build a life sized one with all the pieces. :)

I think this is one of those sets you can give to people who don't know they have any interest in Lego and they will still really appreciate it as a display item (Ok maybe I am a little biased because I LOVE the film).

Similar to Wall-e (and pretty much all the other CUUSOO stuff actually).  Is a great set with some real potential with and without a HQ on the horizon.  Think I've just convinced myself to go out and start stocking up on these :)

• Like 1

964 at the last count on Monday. I guess it´s the same as PS and TB - they have used the inventory for something else and don´t have a confirmed next production date.

Once again, I´ll bet they are focusing on Star Wars for Xmas and everything else is taking a backseat.

US LEGO Shop at Home, from '30 days' to Oct 30. Don't know when exactly it changed. I think I checked this morning. Don't know if this means any shortage or not. Hard to think they let this one go if the firehouse is out next year. Will there be a EctoO-1 with the firehouse?

Apprently no Ecto with firehouse and I don´t see Lego shipping to the US when they have stock and a factory there - it´s more likely for European shops that made their last xmas orders and need delivery now in October. Less than 14 days transit time to East Coast US IIRC but you have to add customs and the usual delays.

Apprently no Ecto with firehouse and I don´t see Lego shipping to the US when they have stock and a factory there - it´s more likely for European shops that made their last xmas orders and need delivery now in October. Less than 14 days transit time to East Coast US IIRC but you have to add customs and the usual delays.

How do you know there is no ecto included in the firehouse? That would be some very hot information.

• Like 1

Might not make sense if you don't get the message contents via notification, but this thread was derailing in a way that some would have deemed offensive.

Let's get back to Ecto-1 please.

Hey crusty - if they tank you could always build a life sized one with all the pieces. :)

Hey, I was on topic.  I was quoting Ghostbusters. :)

• Like 1

Would two weeks be sufficient to ship 964 Ecto's from Rotterdam to New Jersey?

I think it's safe to say that in the day and age of planes that's sufficient time ...shipping doesn't necessarily involve a ship nowadays. And even if it involves a ship - approximate shipping time Europe - East Coast US is 8-14 for cargo.

This set is now TOOS on Lego EU / Asia - could the end be near? 

I hope so but truthfully I have no idea. Wall-E is also TOOS with no option to order but it's highly likely that is only a temporary measure while they fix the neck problem. We've seen the Pirate Ship listed as Sold Out (USA) only to now show a ship date (no pun intended). 21108 has been out a year and a half now, for a set of this size is pretty rare for the life expectancy to extend much beyond this. If the Ghostbusters HQ doesn't come with an Ecto-1 as predicted and they decide to prolong the life of this set, the question would be how long it hangs around for. The HQ would most likely be in production for 2-4 years, I can't see Ecto-1 hanging around for anywhere near that timeframe. It's difficult to see Lego having a Ghostbusters HQ set while pulling the plug on Ecto-1. Maybe there will be a whole new Ghostbusters theme that stems from this with a new Ecto-1 planned for release sometime later. Ultimately 21108 is part of the Ideas line and it really would be going against the grain if they decide to start extending the life expectancy of sets in this theme.

• Like 1

Our version of Lewis´s here has just rolled out the 3 Ideas sets as Xmas exclusives so I guess they either bought a huge stock or they are still being made (might help explain where lego shop stock went). Interestingly, they haven´t taken on Birds which seems to have established a record for backordered status time.