Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

2 hours ago, d4m60d said:

Yes, its in the German LEGO Shop at Home too. Yesterday there wasn't this section! Seems to be a new theme... Maybe mire sets? Any rumors?

Yes, Lego announced a new Lego Ghostbusters set apart of 21108 and GBHQ fot 2016: The reference number is: 75828 but is totally unknown that this will be.

1 hour ago, Haay said:

The Ecto-1 set belongs with the Ideas theme. It won't be made part of the new Ghostbusters theme. But this is good news for all of us who have collected the Ecto-1 ! After it retired, there will remain a good demand for this set when the Lego Ghostbusters theme gets explored! :) 

u mean after it "will retire"? (or did I miss something?)

1 hour ago, Haay said:

The Ecto-1 set belongs with the Ideas theme. It won't be made part of the new Ghostbusters theme. But this is good news for all of us who have collected the Ecto-1 ! After it retired, there will remain a good demand for this set when the Lego Ghostbusters theme gets explored! :) 

But do you think that the announced 75828 will be a new Ecto-1? This is the real "problem": if they plan to make or not make a new Ecto-1.

8 hours ago, Locutus001 said:

u mean after it "will retire"? (or did I miss something?)

Speaking in the future tense. LOL :jester:

8 hours ago, manujerez said:

But do you think that the announced 75828 will be a new Ecto-1? This is the real "problem": if they plan to make or not make a new Ecto-1.

I would assume that the announced 75828 set will be related to the new Ghostbusters movie. The Brickfan also confirms that:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-2016-set-rumors-various-themes/

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 11:16 AM, gmpirate said:

Standing in the rain, with his head hung low. Couldn't get a ticket . . .

10 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene, put his ear to the wall, and like distant scream

He heard one guitar
just blew him away
Saw stars in his eyes
and the very next day

Bought a beat up six string
in a second hand store
Didn't know how to play it
but he knew for sure

That one guitar
felt good in his hands
Didn't take long
to understand

Just one guitar
slung way down low
Was a one-way ticket
only one way to go

So he started rockin'
Ain't never gonna stop
Gotta keep on rockin'
Someday he's gonna make it to the top!

On 2015/12/3 at 7:26 AM, brickolodon said:

Wrong...

If the stock supply stays that way, you are right. My decision was wrong. The set is only available at LEGO Shop at Home, Galeria and another smaller online shop who sold the set are out of stock. On Galeria you find the set only if you use google search, to my experience they only do that if they have no delivery date of new stock. (happend quite a few times with 10188)

I am down to a small amount of 21108 and reinvested the money in some QFLL sets. Is it time to gather some sets at LEGO Shop at Home for RRP? I dont know if I will do it, since it seems it have been a dumb move to sell most of my stock for a little more than I payed and now get them back at RRP. And I hate to pay RRP.

18 minutes ago, Sozial said:

If the stock supply stays that way, you are right. My decision was wrong. The set is only available at LEGO Shop at Home, Galeria and another smaller online shop who sold the set are out of stock. On Galeria you find the set only if you use google search, to my experience they only do that if they have no delivery date of new stock. (happend quite a few times with 10188)

I am down to a small amount of 21108 and reinvested the money in some QFLL sets. Is it time to gather some sets at LEGO Shop at Home for RRP? I dont know if I will do it, since it seems it have been a dumb move to sell most of my stock for a little more than I payed and now get them back at RRP. And I hate to pay RRP.

At SAH you have VIP as 5% off and the occasional promo which can fetch quite good prices. Christmas promos are licking the €30 from below. Well timed purchases at SAH are far from RRP.

9 hours ago, Sozial said:

If Windeln and Babymarkt do not stock up in January we can start running to the Legostore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Out to 30 days at EU SAH. TLG wouldn´t pull the plug on it now whilst selling so well along with GBHQ, would they?

This will stay for at least a year in my opinion. Would not even be surprised if it was retired together with GBHQ. Latter basically does not have an Ecto1 because there is already a separate set.

I am not sure it will last that long. I think a 3-6  month overlap is more likely. They may not want it in the way of the new stuff coming in 2H16. Also there could be a certain amount of bad feeling  within the IDEAS developers as it seems rather unfair this guy is going to make a bucketload of money compared to RI, for instance. Maybe there is a maximum amount in the contract....

18 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

We also know that a 2016 movie Ecto-1 is coming.

I don't think LEGO would be as stupid as considering it as a substitute for the old one. Mixing the new and old movies probably would not be a winning move, as the target audiences will most likely differ. People buy these for nostalgia, however there will be 0 of it in the new sets.

Edited by inversion