Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2016 at 3:30 PM, terrymc4677 said:

Amazon has lowered their purchase limit to one. I ordered some a couple weeks ago and was allowed to order two at a time. I just tried to order two more and it would only allow one to be added to the cart.

Totally a sign, stock up! :codemafia:

• Like 1

This is a much better model than the delorean but overproduction and the horde will make it not even half as profitable.

Edited by MarxMarvelous

17 minutes ago, Cravacor said:

What strategies are BPers using to get this set under RRP?

TRUTH tactics are the only thing I have been able to come up with.

14 minutes ago, hippielego said:

That's about it and tru around me marked them up at Christmas to 59 and they never went down. So not too much there anymore either.

That's why during the summer was a better time to acquire these at TRU before the price hike...

• 1 month later...
On April 6, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Guest said:

I bet this sticks around well into 2017

Oh it will...but not in retail stores. The amount of these being hoarded just on this very forum ensures that this item will most likely have a very low end of life profit margin. 

Will it overshadow the cost of holding it, storing it, and then reselling? Who knows, but the new version hurts this even more and the minifigs this one comes with are already being counterfeited and sold on eBay for just a few bucks. Hmm...

Edited by ironbrick

52 minutes ago, ironbrick said:

Oh it will...but not in retail stores. The amount of these being hoarded just on this very forum ensures that this item will most likely have a very low end of life profit margin. 

Will it overshadow the cost of holding it, storing it, and then reselling? Who knows, but the new version hurts this even more and the minifigs this one comes with are already being counterfeited and sold on eBay for just a few bucks. Hmm...

I'm still optimistic on this set, despite the huge hoarding of it demand is also huge for this set, Blocks magazine stated it was the highest selling set for 2014 and I've never seen it drop out of the top 25 on SAH. There are counterfeited minifigures for every set released these days so that's not an issue affecting only this set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ironbrick said:

I think one Val-E on the forum is more than enough.

• Like 5