Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

No surprises here. Just summer interns' first day on the job.

Looks like they had one returning from last year who finally finished his 2015 assignment to update Red 5 as retired.

Let's give this new round of interns a chance. Can't be worse than last year's group who designed the Assualt on Hoth.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mattyman said:

perfectly available on LEGO Shop at Home uk site

Yes been watching, its gone from available > out of stock and available on 22nd june > out of stock > out of stock until 17th june > in stock.

Sounds like they've had quite a high demand and turned the tools back on, understandable until the new film is launched

20 hours ago, Ciglione said:

I believe it is on its way out. German shops are selling it now for 70 euro. That is 20 euro above RRP. If they have it.

Good to know. Luckily I bought some for 35 Euro. However, I gave one to my father as a birthday present. He was very delighted :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My two cents:

There's a war going on between the original Ghostbusters film and the new one, and it's gotten ugly. Sony has a LOT riding on the success of GB 2016, so my guess is that they won't renew the Ecto-1 license for fear that it will fuel nostalgia and weaken their attempts to establish a new franchise.

It's outta here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...