Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

1 minute ago, jaylay said:

They already have ecto 1/2. As for a remake of OG ecto-1... never.

Really? You don't think a Ghostbusters set in the $129.99 range would help fill out the theme and sell HQ?

Strange to think they will never do an Ecto-1 under the Ghostbusters theme given how well it has sold and have HQ sitting all by itself.

Guest TabbyBoy
51 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Do you think a new Ecto-1 in the Ghostbusters theme would harm the IDEAS version?

Stay safe out there.

Not a chance as it's not a patch on the original. Even if I offload at RRP, it's an easy £1k after fees. I'm still buying!

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

Not a chance as it's not a patch on the original. Even if I offload at RRP, it's an easy £1k after fees. I'm still buying!

That is what I am saying. The original ecto-1 in a new set under the Ghostbusters theme.

This is not BTTF where there are no other sets in the theme.

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, king156 said:

Who's excited! Cough cough Tabby :)

I've nearly worn out the "3" key on my keyboard!

I'm gonna need a bigger van!

Guest TabbyBoy
12 hours ago, kurnitb said:

Lol, how many warehouses do you own mate? :))

None unfortunately... Just an attic in an average UK house and about 30 pallets worth of shelving in a friend's warehouse. I could take photos but, all you'll see is just rows of hardboard-sided pallets.

7 minutes ago, king156 said:

Scrolling back to like September, most of you were saying "ecto 1 isn't going anywhere, its legos cash cow" "ecto 1 will do poorly" ....why has everyone all off a sudden changed their tune ?

I never changed my tune as I bought my first one at RRP on day 1. Just imagine if it became Delorean mk2?

16 minutes ago, king156 said:

Scrolling back to like September, most of you were saying "ecto 1 isn't going anywhere, its legos cash cow" "ecto 1 will do poorly" ....why has everyone all off a sudden changed their tune ?

I am not changing my tune. While this set is retiring I fully expect TLG to do a rehash under the Ghostbusters theme instead of IDEAS. This set sells.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, king156 said:

Well a lot of people had hoped that Ecto-1 would retire when they released the new movie version, I guess that has something to do with it. 

Take everthing you read here with a grain of salt and do your own research. Not everyone is as vocal about their opinion, be it negative or positive. However, you can be sure most people here have at least a couple of these stocked away.

11 hours ago, asharerin said:

I am not changing my tune. While this set is retiring I fully expect TLG to do a rehash under the Ghostbusters theme instead of IDEAS. This set sells.

I could be wrong but I believe it will be a long time before another Ghostbuster movie is released.  I think the last two Ghostbuster sets, Ecto-1 & 2 (75828) and Lego Dimensions Ghostbusters Story Pack (71242), are the last we will see of Ghostbusters for a long while.  With that said this set has been around for awhile now and will take some time to appreciate but it will eventually get there.  I think with time the Lego Ideas Ecto-1 set will sell similar to the Lego Ideas Back to the Future Delorean set but at a slightly higher price because of the set being a larger size and having more mini figures.