Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Just now, Lordoflego said:

What to do

IMG_3092.JPG

Buy, buy, buy! The more you get now, the quicker the price will rise.

Just now, LandAhoy said:

i have a feeling i will regret not picking up any Ecto 1 or doc who sets 

If your buy-in´s were good then they are definite winners. Wall-E is doing nicely and TBBT and Maze are not selling in huge numbers but are at least above RRP.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Buy, buy, buy! The more you get now, the quicker the price will rise.

If your buy-in´s were good then they are definite winners. Wall-E is doing nicely and TBBT and Maze are not selling in huge numbers but are at least above RRP.

i came very late to the Lego investing game started off just wanting a personal collection but have seen me buying x3 of a set  if the ££ has been right 

Just to put some context into things, Ecto 1 has 190 sellers with 700 units whereas Delorean has 58 and 109 and is selling for 120-130 euros (3 times RRP) 2 years after retirement.

RI, which retired around the same time as BTTF, has 93 sellers with 330 units and is selling for 35-40 euros (1.8x RRP).

Neither can be considered rare with those numbers of units still available and single figure monthly sales.

Wall-E is on 108 sellers with 230 units and is going for 65 euros with 20 sales so far this month. I like those numbers a lot but we´ll see if Ecto can do better.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Just to put some context into things, Ecto 1 has 190 sellers with 700 units whereas Delorean has 58 and 109 and is selling for 120-130 euros (3 times RRP) 2 years after retirement.

RI, which retired around the same time as BTTF, has 93 sellers with 330 units and is selling for 35-40 euros (1.8x RRP).

Neither can be considered rare with those numbers of units still available.

its info and experience like this thats  worth its wait in gold i have a few times thought right get 10 of those sets but i still am just finding my ground and learning from all you experienced resellers 

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Neither can be considered rare with those numbers of units still available.

Not necessarily in this situation (I still believe in ecto one, I gotta believe with over 20 of them) but just in general, what bothers me is that I find myself agreeing with you more and more, your turd not only stinks but may also be spreading ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Not necessarily in this situation (I still believe in ecto one, I gotta believe with over 20 of them) but just in general, what bothers me is that I find myself agreeing with you more and more, your turd not only stinks but may also be spreading ;) 

Easy cure. Watch the Lego Movie 3 times a day and start believing in unicorns.

4 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

I've been watching original ghostbusters twice a day for 6 months now in hopes of 21108 NOT becoming a turd.

It´ll go two ways. Either there will be a massive initial spike as resellers see it moving and start buying from other resellers, followed by a fall when they realise there is no market for it at that price and then normal supply and demand rules apply. Or there will be a gradual and even rise in prices till round 80 euros where it will stay for a  good while.

Edited by Val-E

2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Ok

51 listings.

Yikes. :)

It will take time. I'm bullish on this. In 6-12 months it should thin out. Hopefully the Batman movie will get some Aussie peeps out of their dark age slumber. Fresh flesh for the ponzi. The longer you've been in it, the better off you are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ED-209 said:

It will take time. I'm bullish on this. In 6-12 months it should thin out. Hopefully the Batman movie will get some Aussie peeps out of their dark age slumber. Fresh flesh for the ponzi. The longer you've been in it, the better off you are.

Agreed , the set is a winner all day. This time next year let's chat again about ecto 1.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Agreed , the set is a winner all day. This time next year let's chat again about ecto 1.

Absolutely... We'll all be typing out our comments from the sun deck of our Sunseeker Predators!

50 minutes ago, AlMa2017 said:

Does anybody think that Ecto will show up at LegoShop again?

Why does the page not exist anymore?

The page would have been deactivated because it's sold out and has been marked to retire.

It will show up again, either as a back order or as a retired product.

Edited by John82

There´s a greater than 50% chance it will come back due to returns of full price ones sold within last 90 days or shop returns/warehouse inventory but you are going to need some type of scripting tool to have a chance of getting one as they will be few in numbers and go quickly.