Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

• 3 weeks later...
Man this week is like blast from the past edition.  First investorsell, then SR,  next up Mscheaf??

When we get posts from that super fitness buff guy hyxkid, then it is official. I recall him being a member of law enforcement as well. Don't bash the cops guys, they have it hard enough these days.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Slow of the blocks this one. Quite a bit of stock on Ebay around the £50 to £55 mark. 

My personal £80+ target by Autumn seems a little optimistic. Maybe the younger buyers don't have the same nostalgic feeling towards the 1980s film, or the discounted Ecto 1 and 2 set is diluting interest. 

£30 buyin and £1 FVF should answer your question, well that and people with literally 100s in stock. Sub £50 popular sets have become a turnover game.  

• Like 1

I already did in late 2015 when people were buying 30 at a time at full RRP thinking it was about to retire. Clearly, it´s a set where the win will be in the long game. Doctor Who is in the same bracket.

Maze and Wall-E have made stronger initial gain but they are also likely to max out sooner.

• 10 months later...

I once had one of these 'We need a little more time...' messages for 70323 Jestro's Lair. It got as far as dispatched and out for delivery, but was supposedly 'damaged  in transit' on the van so I never actually saw it. I nearly sent the email as an entry for the Booker Prize for Fiction. 

Happens all year I think with various sets. 

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont suppose that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313 71314

Edited by crayxlp