Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

11 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont suppose that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313 71314

Nice investment opportunity.

• Like 1

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont supposed that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313

3 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Nice investment opportunity.

well yeah, but not from my point of view.. being in Europe? the overseas shipping charges just kill it .. id rather help someone to complete his/her collection and enjoy my local bonus points.. 

Edited by crayxlp

17 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

apparently Im still able to get these NEW MISB boxes of Bionicles around RRP prices.  - anyone interested? I dont supposed that there are like 20 of each or so.. probably the last pieces

70782 70783 70791 70794 71300 71301 71302 71304 71311 71313

well yeah, but not from my point of view.. being in Europe? the overseas shipping charges just kill it .. id rather help someone to complete his/her collection and enjoy my local bonus points.. 

Maybe for someone willing to buy them all.  

I think the same.. I believe that there has to be first some kind of "announcement" that this is obtainable and whoever is interested can participate. Basically shipping just one set is awfully inefficient given the shipping charges (from here 1 pound to US costs 11.70 USD - registered, signed-for) .. but  10 pounds cost 32 USD.

and just for the record, the (local) purchase for all the above mentioned sets together (compared to the actual exch rate to USD) comes to 229 USD..  anyone interested, feel free to contact me. 

p.S... it would be really great to having something like "classifieds" on this site with 1-6 pictures of the sets, limited description up to 1000 characters or so.. and to totally AVOID these ebay / amazon killing fees.. 

• 9 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

You just need a little patience with this set and wait for the hoarders to thin out a bit. I'm nowhere near thinking of putting mine up for sale yet. I'm holding out for £75 after fees, but I can still shift them at any time for 2x buy-in if I get desperate or if a resurrection is on the cards.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Even with XMAS the set is not really moving. I am monitoring Amazon and Ebay but sales are disappointing. Good I "only"went for 100 ?, hopefully next XMAS will be the time to sell.

Even if you're only making €20 per unit if you sell now, that's still a fantastic return. Xmas isn't really a good time to sell as a lot of people want the latest and greatest products at the lowest prices. I personally find that Xmas competition is too high, there's too many scammers and I actually get better prices from February onwards.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Even if you're only making €20 per unit if you sell now, that's still a fantastic return. Xmas isn't really a good time to sell as a lot of people want the latest and greatest products at the lowest prices. I personally find that Xmas competition is too high, there's too many scammers and I actually get better prices from February onwards.

Yes 20€ per set is more than doable atm. I will get rid of my stack next XMAS and hope prices will rise to 130-150€ by then. For me XMAS is the time for moving, but YMMV. 

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Yes 20€ per set is more than doable atm. I will get rid of my stack next XMAS and hope prices will rise to 130-150€ by then. For me XMAS is the time for moving, but YMMV. 

Try to sell Worldwide (not eBay GSP) as it's not too expensive to post and some people will pay through the nose for small retired LEGO sets, especially Australians ?  Stalking the Australian thread on here has been quite lucrative for me.

I don't know about your experiences with scams, but I avoid shipping to Russia, Africa, Middle East and South Korea - no offence intended.

8 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Try to sell Worldwide (not eBay GSP) as it's not too expensive to post and some people will pay through the nose for small retired LEGO sets, especially Australians ?  Stalking the Australian thread on here has been quite lucrative for me.

I don't know about your experiences with scams, but I avoid shipping to Russia, Africa, Middle East and South Korea - no offence intended.

Why not GSP, Tabs?

Guest TabbyBoy
31 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

Why not GSP, Tabs?

It's too expensive for the buyer for a 400x200x100mm 1KG package. eBay rip off the buyers too! Last time I shipped one to Japan, I charged £8 where GSP would've charged £18 That was last year, not sure if it's changed. GSP sometimes even unpack your set to put it in a lighter and weaker box or even a bag! It happened to me once when I customer in New Zealand got a crushed Doctor Who, luckily I took photos of the packed box with the tracking number to UK GSP. The buyer got it in a sodding bin liner!

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

A new Ghostbusters film was announced last week, for release next year, and the teaser seems to feature the original Ecto-1.

Does Lego still have the rights? I note Playmobil have been trotting out Ectos for the last couple of years. Could be either remake hell or - if they’re unable to - a delicious time. 

Since an IDEAS set hasn't been resurrected yet and that LEGO may not want to pay royalties again to the 21108 designer, couldn't they just modify 75828? It's also no longer the 30th anniversary of the original movie so I think that 21108 is safe. My 21108 bail is set at £75 post fees (1.5x RRP), which is a long way off yet.

However, as with any set, don't get greedy and hold for too long - ask any Taj Mahal hoarder - LOL.

With the rumoured new BTTF movie, perhaps the 21103 could come back if LEGO want war!

Any number of vendors can have a licence and not many are exclusive.

Guest TabbyBoy
25 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

It's possible that even with a remake of 21108, it's not as good as the original. At the very least, it will stir up interest in the first.

It will probably help the first as LEGO are bound to charge more for less plastic by perhaps...  Increasing the piece count using smaller bricks to mislead the consumer?

OMG... what will we do if the Exo Suit gets remade?

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Ssssh, say nothing, I've just had someone enquiring about buying my last one and get this, I'd make €10 profit on it.

Bite their hand off!