Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

I haven't followed this closely. Did this just happen or has it been like this for a while?

Ideas

Ghostbusters™ Ecto-1

• Item: 21108
  •  
  • Limit: 5 ?
  • Ages:10+
  •  
  • VIP Points: 49
  • Pieces:508
  •  
  • Out of stock, expected ship date Sep 28 2015

Bust ghosts with the LEGO® Ghostbusters Ecto-1 vehicle with detection equipment, removable roof, detailed interior and 4 minifigures.

Price $49.99

I haven't followed this closely. Did this just happen or has it been like this for a while?

Ideas

Ghostbusters™ Ecto-1

•  
  •  
  •  

Bust ghosts with the LEGO® Ghostbusters Ecto-1 vehicle with detection equipment, removable roof, detailed interior and 4 minifigures.

Price $49.99

That is what we have followsclosely for.

• Like 1

Ideas

Ghostbusters™ Ecto-1

•  
  •  
  •  

Price $49.99

I saw the same thing, and wondered the same thing

I don´t care because I am not in America and, as I may have subtly let slip before, I don´t have this set in my portfolio but in Europe it has had two restocks this week bringing it to record high historic stock level. That could mean it is the last production and it is done, or it could mean absolutely nothing whatsoever!

You are still limit 5 so it should be OK.

Edited by valenciaeric

I think we need to wait and see as the info about the HQ might not be 100% accurate. What if it really were based on the new film (making more sense from a marketing point of view)? One could imagine an overlap of sets from the original films and the new one, like with Star Wars and Batman, but then you would want some decent sized sets to promo the new film.

I think we need to wait and see as the info about the HQ might not be 100% accurate. What if it really were based on the new film (making more sense from a marketing point of view)? One could imagine an overlap of sets from the original films and the new one, like with Star Wars and Batman, but then you would want some decent sized sets to promo the new film.

Because of the rumored price, I feel, there's no way it's based on what is most probably a failure vs a blockbuster...

• Like 1

Because of the rumored price, I feel, there's no way it's based on what is most probably a failure vs a blockbuster...

Price may also be innacurate! Until we see pictures the rest is just speculation.

It seems a little strange to launch merchandise based on an old film just when the new one is coming and not have anything directly related to the new one - would they just pump out OT stuff before Force Awakens? You would also think that 30 years is enought time to devise a marketing plan. There is plenty that we don´t know but if there is going to be a concerted effort to make a theme out of this I shall certainly re evaluate my strategy on Ecto as the first sets in a theme are usually worth the most.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...