Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

​Your name doesn't say Walmart, Target, Amazon, Toys R Us, or eBay. If it's gonna retire, it's gonna retire at SAH first before any other retailers

​Meant respectfully you will make more friends if you do not post every time someone has a deal what the lifetime low for the item was implying it is not a good deal, nor make authoritative statements like you did.  someone already stated this and I think you continue. how do you know LEGO Shop at Home will not have it last? I don't think that statement is accurate or known. unless your just trolling the site for fun.

• Like 8

Is this illegitimate info to post on the site? Others, like this guy, would be curious to know as well. Was just about to go order 5 of these, freaked out that it's no longer listed. Any confirmation that it's just a glitch? I currently own zero, and don't want to be left in the cold on this one. Seems destined to do well for the initial price point. 25 pages of replies indicates some of you agree with this sentiment...

​It's the same affiliate data source that Brickset uses. Stock levels are available in (near) real-time but Brickset only updates the graphs once a day.

Here's the corresponding news article on Brickset:

http://brickset.com/article/14929/new-feature-shop-lego-com-stock-level-graph

And another interesting detail regarding LEGO Shop at Home fulfillment that I always assumed is confirmed (more or less):

"[...] there are two distribution centres, one in Europe and one in the USA. The European centre ships to all of Europe and also countries in Australasia and Asia that are served by shop.LEGO.com. Thus, the figures in the German product feed [...] will show stock available to be shipped everywhere except North America."

• Like 1

​Your name doesn't say Walmart, Target, Amazon, Toys R Us, or eBay. If it's gonna retire, it's gonna retire at SAH first before any other retailers.

Its gonna retire first, last and only at SAH.

Walmart, target, amazon etc have nothing to do when TLG decides to retire set.

It will be long sold out by the time SAH slaps a retired tag on it.

I ordered 7 orders of 3 hoping for sealed cases from walmart with in store tax free pickup.

I think this is a temp glitch but still there is always that  little chance that its not a glitch.... $$$.

Either way ecto-1 will slime us all in benjamins.

• Like 1

The same thing happened to a bunch of sets on Jan. 1-2 of this year and then they reappeared.  Santa's Workshop disappeared from the shop at home site last fall for a day.

If you search on 21108 you get a page with no small icon, but a review rating.  The same thing happened with the other sets that disappeared then reappeared.  I'm guessing it's a glitch typical of shop at home.

To resolve this dilemma call LEGO Shop at Home they will tell you they have plenty in stock.  Seriously.

You all do not have to debate this any more it is a system glitch and at least the US LEGO Shop at Home I was told has a ton of them in stock.

Take it to the bank, hotcakes and TRU parking lot.

• Like 2

​Meant respectfully you will make more friends if you do not post every time someone has a deal what the lifetime low for the item was implying it is not a good deal, nor make authoritative statements like you did.  someone already stated this and I think you continue. how do you know LEGO Shop at Home will not have it last? I don't think that statement is accurate or known. unless your just trolling the site for fun.

To add to what you said trekgate, we've got plenty of examples of product that are still sound investments at or above retail.

Anyone who bought an SSD, GE, HH, immediately after retirement has already seen an appreciation over their purchase price.  Even the Delorean is still a great deal at $45 (which I seem to still get alerts for) right now.

Edited by Alpinemaps
grammer and spelling
  • Like 1

​Meant respectfully [...] unless your just trolling the site for fun.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.​

To resolve this dilemma call LEGO Shop at Home they will tell you they have plenty in stock.  Seriously.

You all do not have to debate this any more it is a system glitch and at least the US LEGO Shop at Home I was told has a ton of them in stock.

​Thanks for the info on LEGO Shop at Home via phone. I certainly think ecto is a winner and would like to buy a few (or a bunch) more but right now I must prioritize and consequently hold off on this.  

​yeah - i just did the same thing -  yes you can order it over the phone from CS at shop at home.  

also if you search ecto-1 by its set number at shop at home 21108 you get a blank page.  CS said its a glitch which should be fixed soon.

oh well - lack of personal stock of this set has been nagging low level concern which I took care of today.

did the same thing when Delorean went out of stock in august before coming back in full force in the fall and i don't regret that decision at all.

now back to PS SH Tumbler R5 EV DS

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

​yeah - i just did the same thing -  yes you can order it over the phone from CS at shop at home.  

also if you search ecto-1 by its set number at shop at home 21108 you get a blank page.  CS said its a glitch which should be fixed soon.

oh well - lack of personal stock of this set has been nagging low level concern which I took care of today.

did the same thing when Delorean went out of stock in august before coming back in full force in the fall and i don't regret that decision at all.

now back to PS SH Tumbler R5 EV DS

Your good I just bought 10 from target a few weeks ago.

sources told me it will be gone this year

We will see but I don't want to be without it

i am focusing on DS R5 EV ATAT and ISD at the moment but I can't stop buying the hulk buster to quick flip by the dozens lol

To add to what you said trek gate, we've got plenty of examples of product that are still sound investment at or above retail.

Anyone who bought an SSD, GE, HH, immediately after retirement has already seen an appreciate over their price.  Even the Delorean is still a great deal at $45 (which I seem to still get alerts for) right now.

Word ive gotten 8 BTTF in the last two weeks at 49 thanks to BP alerts they would make $5 each minimum now if I sold them immediately which I won't but paying above MSRP on them is a no brainer  to me.

• Like 1

Funny, I literally just picked more up earlier this week, not from LEGO Shop at Home. Was thinking maybe it`ll be done this year, which if true means a hot seller for XMas. Not to mention the upcoming film. Cheap set with lots of potential, lovely. 

I'll wager money this one will be more popular than the Orc Forge--and more difficult to find at a discount. 

​You're absolutely correct. I just meant there are going to be sooooooooo many of this set stocked up by the Lego hoarding mob, I THINK you will see much slower returns than the BTTF set...  just my 2 cents.

Edited by pickleboy

​You're absolutely correct. I just meant there are going to be sooooooooo many of this set stocked up by the Lego hoarding mob, I THINK you will see much slower returns than the BTTF set...  just my 2 cents.

​I'm sure it will be well hoarded, but if it goes suddenly it could catch a lot of people out. It's a much nicer set than the BTTF too and will always be in higher demand post EOL. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

I think it will do very well if it's gone before the end of the year.  BTTF set went to sold out on LEGO website then came back on Amazon, TRU, and even sold at a 20% discount at LEGO retail stores, yet here it is nearly doubling up in no time.  I only have a couple right now because I think the LEGO disappearing act is just a glitch.  I plan to buy more when I can stack it with a promo to make my own discount.