Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

• 2 weeks later...

I was out running some errands and came across this...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1425323687.011281.jpg

Original seals cut with new seals over top.

Stock relocation possibly?? Maybe this is the end of the line or...

Wasn't there an error with this set somewhere? Could be factory sealing mistake or this was one of the sets that had an error that they caught before it left the packaging facility. Or was that delorean...

• Like 1

Wasn't there an error with this set somewhere? Could be factory sealing mistake or this was one of the sets that had an error that they caught before it left the packaging facility. Or was that delorean...

I haven't heard/read that about either one of those sets, just one of the bigger sets, R2d2 maybe.

Thought I would post about it in case someone could enlighten us.

There was arguably an error with the manual. The binding would let loose the pages at random and with very little force. I personally experienced this on two sets. There's discussion about this on Brickset. I've had the manuals replaced with a call to CS at Lego. Maybe they traced the problem down to a particular batch and have replaced the culprits.

• Like 2

girlfriend did the build yesterday (theres a few wrong pieces but w/e) she loves it, i slacked and did the micro fighter lol. Question, What is that orange piece for? it looks like some kind of display mount or something? i just stuck it on the fender lol.

post-51022-0-09933000-1426529953_thumb.j

• Like 4

girlfriend did the build yesterday (theres a few wrong pieces but w/e) she loves it, i slacked and did the micro fighter lol. Question, What is that orange piece for? it looks like some kind of display mount or something? i just stuck it on the fender lol.

The orange piece is a brick separator. You'll be glad you have it when you go to take it apart. Edited by dcdfan

Soon you'll be able to create your own Lego art with them.

Couldn't find the rest of them.

Ahh, the "blooming separator". I shall be making one of my own shortly I imagine with the drawer slowly filling up at a brisk pace with them. At the least I need not ever worry about running out or sully over losing one. Ha.
  • Like 1

It's REFRESHING to see members (or their girlfriends) actually build newer sets instead of 100% investing. Good for you (and her).

Opinions...Is this set gone before Halloween?

(I plan on getting a few during this 2xVIP)

In June it will have been out for a year. In October it will be about 16 months in to its life. I'm thinking this one stays around until about this time next year. Others have speculated that with a new movies coming out it could stick around even longer but I'm not so sure. My plan is to grab them when I see them on discount the second half of this year. I think around $40 is a good buy in on these (mine have been an average of $38 so far) but buying them at retail might not be too bad as it is a little difficult to get a discount on this one.

Edited by Legodog