Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Yep they raised it on the day the $5 coupon came out even though the coupon does not apply to that set.

I was planning on using my 20% TRU gift cards to pick up some of these until they raised the price. I've been watching it and hopefully it goes back to the normal price at some point. TRU likes to move their prices all over the place so I wouldn't be shocked if this moves back to $50 at some point.

I was planning on using my 20% TRU gift cards to pick up some of these until they raised the price. I've been watching it and hopefully it goes back to the normal price at some point. TRU likes to move their prices all over the place so I wouldn't be shocked if this moves back to $50 at some point.

Me too but by the time gift card bin got around to emailing me my gc the price went up

• 1 month later...

I price matched to Amazon in store then used my gift cards. Worked like a charm. 

It's not on the list, so we cannot endorse it and any further discussion of this questionable website will be removed from BrickPicker.

• We will match prices from selected online competitor websites, including Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, buybuyBaby.com, Meijer.com, FredMeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, LEGO.com and Amazon.com (not including marketplace pricing).

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

Does anybody know why this set has disappeared from LEGO Shop at Home worldwide?

Likely a glitch, but also a good reminder that this set will not last forever, and if you want to avoid the F5 game there's no time like the present to grab a few.

• Like 1

Interesting timing for it to disappear right when i'm going into hoard mode on this to get my quota.

They forgot to include the LEGO cigarettes and smoke-making brick for this set - I watched this movie last weekend for the first in a long time and I couldn't believe like in every scene they are puffing hard on cigs - i was a teen seeing this in the theater when it came out and don't remember it being like a nonstop smokefest but man, how the times have changed.  Now they would be vaping it up - maybe you could trap a ghost in a vape refill cartridge.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

Interesting timing for it to disappear right when i'm going into hoard mode on this to get my quota.

They forgot to include the LEGO cigarettes and smoke-making brick for this set - I watched this movie last weekend for the first in a long time and I couldn't believe like in every scene they are puffing hard on cigs - i was a teen seeing this in the theater when it came out and don't remember it being like a nonstop smokefest but man, how the times have changed.  Now they would be vaping it up - maybe you could trap a ghost in a vape refill cartridge.

​Yea, especially Dan Ackroyd, he's got a cig most of the time. 

My Best Friend's Wedding was on TV the other day. It's from 1997 and Julia Roberts is smoking virtually the whole movie. I remember here in AUS smoking was finally banned in shopping malls from the late 90s. Times have changed. Smoking is pretty much taboo now. 

​Yea, especially Dan Ackroyd, he's got a cig most of the time. 

My Best Friend's Wedding was on TV the other day. It's from 1997 and Julia Roberts is smoking virtually the whole movie. I remember here in AUS smoking was finally banned in shopping malls from the late 90s. Times have changed. Smoking is pretty much taboo now. 

​Smoking is taboo in Australia?

​PM sent. ;)

Is this illegitimate info to post on the site? Others, like this guy, would be curious to know as well. Was just about to go order 5 of these, freaked out that it's no longer listed. Any confirmation that it's just a glitch? I currently own zero, and don't want to be left in the cold on this one. Seems destined to do well for the initial price point. 25 pages of replies indicates some of you agree with this sentiment...

• Like 1

There is no better time to buy this set than the present.

It will be gone by xmas.

​Something, something... Gonebusters?

It'll be interesting. Unlike some other sets I have bought to keep, this one never piqued my curiosity enough to open one and build but if other people love it, sounds great :codemafia: