Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

In Brent Waller's defense, the red color was very striking and gave the structure a 'brand new' appearance as though it was given a fresh coat of paint. What Sergio Herencias did was better mimic the style from the movies essentially real life with a more worn down & faded look. Also I think orange still is not an easy color to acquire in the brick sizes right for constructing a building whereas red is. Either design choice is a 'win-win' depending on what you would like for your own display. I'm not sure which way to go myself if given the choice as they both look great.

He answers a lot of questions on the Aussie Lego forums, happy to chat or answer questions. Maybe should get him an invite into here.

I wouldn't worry. I didn't hear about a limited production run for the Ecto-1.

I still do not have one of these... should I start to worry? Limited production run?

Martin is right. The Mars Rover was labelled "Limited Quantity" in the catalog. The Ecto-1 didn't have any label that would suggest a limited run. I think it has a limited production run of 2.5 years. TBH all sets have limited production runs....  :shifty:

He answers a lot of questions on the Aussie Lego forums, happy to chat or answer questions. Maybe should get him an invite into here.

That would be fantastic.

I still do not have one of these... should I start to worry? Limited production run?

I don't think the set has that limited of a run. Besides it was just released, we should have time to at least get a couple within the year.

TBH all sets have limited production runs.... :shifty:

Technically, yes. Some are just more limited than others.

Martin is right. The Mars Rover was labelled "Limited Quantity" in the catalog. The Ecto-1 didn't have any label that would suggest a limited run. I think it has a limited production run of 2.5 years. TBH all sets have limited production runs....  :shifty:

"Celebrate 30 years of ghost-busting action" could in theory imply that it is single year run, similar to speculation for simpsons...

Guest TabbyBoy

Don't panic, every shop in the UK appears to be selling these and most still have plenty of stock.

I am just getting back in to building. This set helped bring me back. In addition to TMNT toys, Ghostbusters and Legos were my biggest collections as a kid. I finally picked this up yesterday. It was a really fun build.

Finally got some decent light.

equ3e8as.jpg

eme9enyp.jpg

zy3atema.jpg

u6y2ema9.jpg

hutypana.jpg

zu8avyva.jpg

I moved the steering wheel to the side rather than the middle after seeing some others here do the same.

e9yhehap.jpg

yzejemy8.jpg

use7yned.jpg

ujuma3a3.jpg

6etyvune.jpg

5ureva6a.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

As many are aware, it was reported the building instruction manual fell apart on many people. It was prob due to glue used and the binding process.

TLG sent me 2 updated books. The revised manuals have wider bindings, slightly less cover gloss, and a different code on the back (ending now in 796 instead of 686).

Attached are pics of two new books and 1 older one.

post-3743-14066719700385_thumb.jpg

The older book is in the middle. Notice even the cover picture has shifted on the new books.

post-3743-14066720226223_thumb.jpg

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...