Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

Happy birthday. I just sold the lego store freebie for 40 quid all in. Don't know if that was good or bad, but I paid nothing. Can always pick up another on the next birthday or another london lego store birthday. I'm lucky I have 4 stores within an 8 mile radius.

I just finished this build a couple of days ago.  It's a detailed look at assembling the model.  I love that there are no sticker.  I'm disappointed that a vehicle as big as an 80s station wagon can't fit all four figures with gear.

Happy birthday. I just sold the lego store freebie for 40 quid all in. Don't know if that was good or bad, but I paid nothing. Can always pick up another on the next birthday or another london lego store birthday. I'm lucky I have 4 stores within an 8 mile radius.

I sold my too for

Aside from a video explaining the process of how this became an official set, here is a gallery of a MOC based on the original vehicle that eventually became the Ecto-1 in the film built by Marcos Bessa who was a designer on the released Ideas set.

via The Brick Fan

How the fan model became a full set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br-csfJMph4

1959 Cadillac Millar-Meteor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcosbessa/sets/72157645143093631/

Edit:

Took me a while to figure out I can only embed both the video and slideshow gallery by having the gallery link after the video one but not before otherwise it doesn't work.

Was at BrickWorld Chicago today and saw at BrickStuffs booth I believe it was had an Ecto 1 with lights in it was super cool hopefully someone got video or picture of it I forgot to. I asked if had a kit for it said no it took a lot of time and is fragile as it sat, but man was it sweet looking. He would get rich quick if he did do it id pay 75 to 100 for what I saw.

• Like 1

Was at BrickWorld Chicago today and saw at BrickStuffs booth I believe it was had an Ecto 1 with lights in it was super cool hopefully someone got video or picture of it I forgot to. I asked if had a kit for it said no it took a lot of time and is fragile as it sat, but man was it sweet looking. He would get rich quick if he did do it id pay 75 to 100 for what I saw.

I saw the same thing, asked the same question and of course I got the same answer!  He described how he had to drill holes and glue little LED's into the clear-blue 1X1 "triangle-slopes" used for the sirens and showed me some of the many holes he had to drill to fit all the wiring and hardware.  It would be quite an undertaking.

I saw the same thing, asked the same question and of course I got the same answer! He described how he had to drill holes and glue little LED's into the clear-blue 1X1 "triangle-slopes" used for the sirens and showed me some of the many holes he had to drill to fit all the wiring and hardware. It would be quite an undertaking.

I already plan to modify my Ecto 1 to be much bette detail wise so lighting would not be an issue. I have a sound board ready to go in also that has the siren recorded on it.

Would anyone be interested in splitting the shipping costs with me for the custom printed arms? I can order multiple sets of arms and then divide the cost, plus $1.93 for reshipping the arms to you. The original shipping cost is flat rate and quite high (6.50 eur), so doing this will save a few bucks. 4 sets of arms (one set being 4 pairs of arms) would be around USD $21 each versus $25 originally.

• Like 1

Would anyone be interested in splitting the shipping costs with me for the custom printed arms? I can order multiple sets of arms and then divide the cost, plus $1.93 for reshipping the arms to you. The original shipping cost is flat rate and quite high (6.50 eur), so doing this will save a few bucks. 4 sets of arms (one set being 4 pairs of arms) would be around USD $21 each versus $25 originally.

Sure, I'll get another set of 4 arms. We should prob get a group buy together.

I just put them on the minifigs today and it looks cool. Really could've / should've been part of the set anyway.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app