Ideas #006: 21108 - Ghostbusters Ecto-1

Jeff Mack

I will probably use some of the ghosts that I have that are from older castle sets. They will go great with the Ecto 1. Maybe I can have the ghost haunting the GE and have the ghostbusters come in and eradicate the ghost.

Yup. I bought picked up a couple of sets. One will be built name paired with my Monster Fighter sets. Boo-ya!

Also with discounts, if the set is $50 and you can sell the Balloon polybag for $15ish, that`s like getting 30% back, not to mention VIP points. If you want the set, buy it now, unless you are stockpiling, which after thinking about it last night, I don`t think is the worst decision you could make. Buy the end, add some filler (perhaps simpsons figures?) sell the polybag and figures to recoup cost, then stash set. 

Also with discounts, if the set is $50 and you can sell the Balloon polybag for $15ish, that`s like getting 30% back, not to mention VIP points. If you want the set, buy it now, unless you are stockpiling, which after thinking about it last night, I don`t think is the worst decision you could make. Buy the end, add some filler (perhaps simpsons figures?) sell the polybag and figures to recoup cost, then stash set.

I highly doubt that balloon stand will hold its value, once resellers start listing them. Don't forget fees and shipping

What's the last exclusive to be discounted?

If it remains to be marked as exclusive, and Lego would actually mean it, then discount gift cards are the best bet. Plus, it is not clear if TRU is going to mark it HTF or hot price right away. There could be a window of opportunity. I am confused why TRU did not list online yet

I highly doubt that balloon stand will hold its value, once resellers start listing them. Don't forget fees and shipping

Agreed! Its pretty lame.....a freebie nonetheless.

Fair point, how low would you guys expect it to drop? Surely not lower than $10? Guess it will depend on how many will flood the market. For those who have hotdog stands left from last year, it could be a decent bundle offer as well. Even if you net $10 for it, that would be 20% off, plus 5% VIP. Haha, everyone`s got there own thoughts, and honestly I think it just comes down to what you (personally) would prefer to do. 

And you have to buy two ectos to get freebie

Either that or $25 worth of filler. If you`re Canada it`s $15, but that means to get a smaller discount on the Ecto-1 when you account for inflated prices. 

Guess we have to figure out what the likelihood of a discount is?

Fair point, how low would you guys expect it to drop? Surely not lower than $10? Guess it will depend on how many will flood the market. For those who have hotdog stands left from last year, it could be a decent bundle offer as well. Even if you net $10 for it, that would be 20% off, plus 5% VIP. Haha, everyone`s got there own thoughts, and honestly I think it just comes down to what you (personally) would prefer to do.

The BBTF set is commonly discounted to $27.99 on target and amazon so no reason for set this to not be. Granted, the BTTF set seems to be a slow seller due to the design :(

The BBTF set is commonly discounted to $27.99 on target and amazon so no reason for set this to not be. Granted, the BTTF set seems to be a low seller due to the design :(

The exclusive tag is what's confusing. Since no discounts on exclusives. Unless some exclusives are more exlusive than other exclusives

• Like 2