10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Once I reach target on ToO I will start accumulating these, though probably not as many as ToO.

It is a great build, I thoroughly enjoyed it. We don't have most of the other Endor sets so it kinda sits off by itself, except for when it gets used as part of Kashyyyk. RotJ is still my favorite SW movie, so in my mind this set has a lot going for it long term.

A couple hundred conquistadors with steel weapons and armor conquered the Aztec empire, but a couple dozen ewoks with rocks and sticks routed a regiment of storm troopers with blaster rifles backed up by AT-ST walkers...  Until someone explains this to me in a way that makes sense, all that cognitive dissonance makes it impossible for me to tolerate ewoks in my vicinity...  I keep my one copy of 10236 surrounded by 10211 and 10224 boxes so I don't ever have to see it.

Well I agree with you. Throughout the old trilogy there are scenes that just don't make sense. The battle of endor, the destruction of the death star, how one awing destroyed the Executor SSD... just lame.

I didn't get the 10236 since I lack funds, but I'm not sure if this set will be a big winner in the future. There are opinions for both ways, but I think it won't do as good as some other Star Wars UCS.

Well I agree with you. Throughout the old trilogy there are scenes that just don't make sense. The battle of endor, the destruction of the death star, how one awing destroyed the Executor SSD... just lame.

I didn't get the 10236 since I lack funds, but I'm not sure if this set will be a big winner in the future. There are opinions for both ways, but I think it won't do as good as some other Star Wars UCS.

Also in the new ones. Especially the battles. They are very stupid. Just pour a load of soldiers and machines on a field and let them shoot at each other standing in the middle like idiots. Even in the middle ages people did not fight like that.

And the best: the beginning scene of Revenge of the Sith: having droids that can attach themselves on enemy spaceships? Give them claws then! Making them explode would just be too easy.

Oh, and the battle droids that can get scared. nvm...

Edited by inversion

You are of course entitled to your opinion but I don't think the word lame should be in any way be associated with the OT, I think it's staying power and popularity should stand as evidence......also not really a need to compare the EV to any UCS set since it's not one.

Don't get me wrong here - I love the Original trilogy. But what I don't like are the battles that make no sense. Won't you also agree that they could not have been made better? I'm not talking here about effects, but about the poor screenplay for the scenes i mentioned earlier.

The only thing that makes me nervous about this set--or the DS or any minifigure heavy large exclusive playset--is in the reselling of it. Most buyers are honest, but if one isn't, opens the box, pilfers the minifigs, and opens a SNAD case... well... you're stuck with a load of sh*t brown bricks. 

I'll have a few, but not as many as the iconic ships--and official UCS versions.

The only thing that makes me nervous about this set--or the DS or any minifigure heavy large exclusive playset--is in the reselling of it. Most buyers are honest, but if one isn't, opens the box, pilfers the minifigs, and opens a SNAD case... well... you're stuck with a load of sh*t brown bricks. 

I'll have a few, but not as many as the iconic ships--and official UCS versions.

This reasoning would apply to any set (with or without minifigs).

The same person who would do this can just as easily say that they received a UCS set filled with Mega Bloks.

Thankfully - it just doesn't really ever happen much. My thinking is that while we are all obsessed with LEGO, there are simply easier, more profitable scams to pull on other products.

• Like 1

This reasoning would apply to any set (with or without minifigs).

The same person who would do this can just as easily say that they received a UCS set filled with Mega Bloks.

Thankfully - it just doesn't really ever happen much. My thinking is that while we are all obsessed with LEGO, there are simply easier, more profitable scams to pull on other products.

Thank you for being the voice of reason--I need it before 7 AM on Monday morning. I'm just gun shy on minifig sets, and it's probably more than the SNAD fears I stated above. The rest of the set is just "meh" without the figs, unlike a Tumbler or Slave 1.

And, yes, there are far easier and more profitable scams. That's why everything is awesome in Legoland. ;)

Yeah until it keeps getting repeated on forums like this one and people realize how easy it is to do.

People have been doing this far longer than this forum has been in existence. Ever returned a set to a brick and mortar store (any store--WM, Target, etc.)? They always check the seals around here. I don't think this is rocket science.

Please remain on-topic about the set. Personally, I'm happy the Ewoks were in just 1 movie and I'm an original trilogy snob. However, I loved the Ewok scenes as a kid as did most children of that era.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And please forgive the semi-off-target moment, but Porkins flying an X-wing is just as unrealistic as the Ewoks beating down some stormtroopers, but I love that guy. (Especially when he becomes BBQ pork.)

• Like 1

I'm a realist......you can't tell me that someone somewhere isn't going to read a post like yours or any related post and think to themselves "man I'm gonna try that". I'm not inferring it's your fault at all just sayin.

Yes - But they will still go after the easy targets (careless sellers), who are selling the highest value sets (don't sell only $5,000 sets).

I'm a realist......you can't tell me that someone somewhere isn't going to read a post like yours or any related post and think to themselves "man I'm gonna try that". I'm not inferring it's your fault at all just sayin.

Agreed. There are just some topics that should not be posted about whether in comment or question form (returns for example). It gives some newer people bad ideas and existing ones the "bad idea" to try again.

If anyone is scared to buy an Ewok Village because of the thought of missing minifigs, just don't buy it. Please Don't post about being worried about it.

Bottom line is this set is a decent one to invest in. It includes haut about every major SW char from Jedi with a few like Vader, Fett, etc... missing.

Is there specific reason to believe the not-to-be-mentioned criminal activity either is, or will be, increased by being mentioned on these forums?  Seems like a valid point of discussion to me, on sets like EV and DS. Not that I particularly agree with the sentiment myself, but I don't agree with more than half of what people post, anyway...

While I truly appreciate a strong sense of responsibility involved, I must ask: Do violent video game players moderate their forums to avoid talking about the nutjob teenagers that go on mass shooting sprees in hopes of somehow curbing that activity?

Isn't this a very watered-down version of the same situation? Sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

Is there specific reason to believe the not-to-be-mentioned criminal activity either is, or will be, increased by being mentioned on these forums? Seems like a valid point of discussion to me, on sets like EV and DS. Not that I particularly agree with the sentiment myself, but I don't agree with more than half of what people post, anyway...

While I truly appreciate a strong sense of responsibility involved, I must ask: Do violent video game players moderate their forums to avoid talking about the nutjob teenagers that go on mass shooting sprees in hopes of somehow curbing that activity?

Isn't this a very watered-down version of the same situation? Sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm basing my comments on my masters degree in psychology and my 6 years of law enforcement experience. Feel free to disagree but if you have done any studies on the human psyche it's not really a hard concept to grasp.