10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Its the second biggest Star Wars set to not be one right? Behind the second Death Star.

That is correct.  3803 pieces for the 10188 DS.  Then the Ewok Village with 1990 which just jumped ahead of Republic Gunship & AT-OT with 1758 and then back to the 10144 Sandcrawler with 1669.

What Lucas never understood is that spaceships, laser swords, and bad guys with cool helmets, all that appeals to kids already. Star Wars never needed teddy bears and Jar Jar to get their attention.

And even the ewoks wouldn't have been so insulting if they weren't involved in the last great battle of the trilogy. AND they kept interrupting the best duel ever filmed. Ewoks suck.

• Like 1

What Lucas never understood is that spaceships, laser swords, and bad guys with cool helmets, all that appeals to kids already. Star Wars never needed teddy bears and Jar Jar to get their attention.

And even the ewoks wouldn't have been so insulting if they weren't involved in the last great battle of the trilogy. AND they kept interrupting the best duel ever filmed. Ewoks suck.

Yet a backward talking short green muppet by the name of Yoda is okay. :P

I love it, where do we draw the line? Furry Ewoks and a jamaican sounding Gungan. Ha.

I saw the the Ewok village yesterday along with the SOH at my local Lego store.

I have to say the pictures I had seen did not do it justice, it looks well worth having the 10nnn number, and to be honest it looked a lot better than the SOH next to it.

This set will definitely appeal to those who want to build a Star Wars landscape or scene.

Hahaha great point there! I also agree that the final battle on the forest moon of Endor was stupid to say the least. It ruined a bit the movie and how serious the fight for the balance in the universe was. It seems that Yoda should have commanded an army of Evoks in the Attack of the clones instead of Jedi and clonetroopers haha

I saw Return of the Jedi when I was nine, I thought the Endor bit was the best bit. There was too much talking on the Death Star and not enough action.

I feel it has good long term potential it is quite a impressive set. however as stated the price point is rediculous for the amount of pieces youre getting. There are alot fo minifigs but at first glance i dont see any that are exclusive to this set that would really push the demand from minifig collectors.

• 2 weeks later...

10236 Ewok Village Question

Since I do not collect Star Wars (probably one of the few on Brickpicker!), I have a question I am hoping to get some assistance with.  I am interested in the Ewok Village set, but would only want the set (not the minifigures).  What could I reasonably expect to sell the minifigures for, either individually or collectively?  I am wondering if it is worth it to buy the set and part out the minifigures because I really like the trees and the vegetation pieces and if I could recoup a decent chunk of the price by selling the minifigures, I might do it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance! 

In my opinion, if you are going to do this, do it now and you will recoup a lot of your money. A lot of these minifigures will fetch over 10 on Ebay. My guess is after fees and shipping you could recoup at least $150 if not $175-200 of your price.

If you buy right at the beginning of October, you will get a polybag you can sell, possibly a clone trooper, and double VIP points on it and it would be a pretty good deal. 

This is assuming you use Ebay pretty well. Here is the filter for sold listings related to 10236

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+10236&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

In my opinion, if you are going to do this, do it now and you will recoup a lot of your money. A lot of these minifigures will fetch over 10 on Ebay. My guess is after fees and shipping you could recoup at least $150 if not $175-200 of your price.

If you buy right at the beginning of October, you will get a polybag you can sell, possibly a clone trooper, and double VIP points on it and it would be a pretty good deal. 

This is assuming you use Ebay pretty well. Here is the filter for sold listings related to 10236

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+10236&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

He's right. Assuming you are a savvy EBay seller, you may recoup almost all of your money. The black glove Luke sells for $30 by itself. But do it soon before they start dropping.

• 1 month later...

I'm threadjacking since I have another Ewok Village question.  (Plus, I think the last one was answered) :thumbsup:

Easy and maybe dumb but - Is the Ewok Village actually considered a UCS set?  At first glance - I want to say yes, but then I can't confirm and wonder if it's in the same line as the sandcrawler or Motorized AT-AT, huge and cool but not really a UCS set and instead just gets mistaken for one. 

Official opinions anyone?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

here a dumberer question. what about the death star?  I would think if the death star was included in the ucs EV would too.