10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Don't forget the new scout troopers

These won't be exclusive, though, even though they are new.  There is going to be one in the Advent Calendar as well. 

As for the set, it is really good.  I'm just going to have a hard time ponying up $250 for an Endor set.  The set in not underwhelming to me, the price is.  It will look very good with the Endor Bunker and will probably help it out in EOL since it seems to be squandering a bit.

Don't read this the wrong way, but we should all start using the green "up" arrows as a way of saying "thanks" or that we agree with someone. I forget to do it sometimes myself, but the sooner we all start using those, the more streamlined the forum and conversations will become ;)

Plus, by using them you will be also "rewarding" members for answering questions or posting something interesting, as I think Ed and Jeff will be awarding Brickpoints based on that too.

Again not directed at anyone specifically ;)

Sorry, i'm totally new to this stuff, this is my first forum ever and I have no idea what any of the arrows or some of the other stuff do. Don't want to go around just pushing buttons, but may have to, so any pointers would help. Now i'm off topic, lol.

Sorry, i'm totally new to this stuff, this is my first forum ever and I have no idea what any of the arrows or some of the other stuff do. Don't want to go around just pushing buttons, but may have to, so any pointers would help. Now i'm off topic, lol.

Considering the new forum and its features went online just five days ago, we all are new to this format. There isn't anything wrong about being courteous and saying thank you. Now we don't need anymore replies starting with the old "+1" at the beginning though; that is what the green up arrow is for.

• Like 1

No need to apologize! Trust me I am still learning new things as the forum was just recently upgraded a few days ago. I am sorry if I sounded like I was complaining or something.

What I was referring to is a new feature. If you look down and to the right of every post, you will see two arrows, a green "up" one and a red "down" one. If you agree with a post or want to thank somebody you can click the green arrow and that will count as sort of a point for the other member. Kind of the "likes" on facebook.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, everyone here is very friendly!

Edit: TOK beat me to it!,

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

Awesome! A beautiful set and a refreshing change from the Death Star (although its presence suggest it may *finally* be time to stock up on the DS). Love all the details, my only gripe is the lack of the adorable baby ewok! :girlwah:  I wonder if it will be out as long as the Death Star...

Over the course of the next week or two, Jeff will release the new PERSONAL BLOG feature and a more in depth explanation of Brickpoints will be given at that time.  Jeff and I have been discussing the whole Review/Content contest and we are going to make an announcement later tonight or tomorrow on a major change to the current contest.  Basically, we are going to separate the reviews and the Blog/EC articles and double the prizes.  

This new blog feature will enable people to post their own content, then get approval from us.  Instead of the current system of supplying it to us, then us converting it to suitable site material, this will make it much easier for us to get content on the site sooner and keep Jeff working on other site operations and additions, instead of converting word files.  

The new forum and blog setup will make the site a lot more member interactive and will enable the regular Joe to post some quality blog articles and content.  As always, the site is a work in progress and we are never happy with the status quo.  Look for my announcement sometimes in the next 24 hours.  

REALLY excited about this change in the contest. I look forward to using this new blog feature!

Considering the new forum and its features went online just five days ago, we all are new to this format. There isn't anything wrong about being courteous and saying thank you. Now we don't need anymore replies starting with the old "+1" at the beginning though; that is what the green up arrow is for.

Wow, I didn't even notice those up/down arrows until you guys mentioned it -- or maybe I did and just didn't see the point of it for this type of a website. Anyhoo...

Oh, and you need 251 posts to move up a rank.

Actually since the forum changes, I don't know what exactly are the number of posts needed to gain certain levels. Before we had only four with those gold bricks, now we have around 11 ranks (including the beginners "Brickpicker") so who knows what 'experience points' are needed to gain the next level. :paladin:

If it wasn't for my Moderator status, I would be a Brick Trader.

Go here to see the ranking system.