10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

I'm threadjacking since I have another Ewok Village question.  (Plus, I think the last one was answered) :thumbsup:

Easy and maybe dumb but - Is the Ewok Village actually considered a UCS set?  At first glance - I want to say yes, but then I can't confirm and wonder if it's in the same line as the sandcrawler or Motorized AT-AT, huge and cool but not really a UCS set and instead just gets mistaken for one. 

Official opinions anyone?

Anyone want to take a crack at answering this?

Personally, the only sets I consider part of the UCS are those that come with the traditional fact sheet. This, and the other models you mentioned, are just AMAZING SW play-sets.

I agree. The UCS sets are the ones with the display plaques with all the information about the set. The Ewok Village and the Death Star have a lot of pieces like other UCS sets have, but they are play sets rather than display pieces.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this set has only been out for a little over a year, but did any one actually find this on clearance or at a discount? I'm not a big fan and only plan to buy one (will build if it tanks as an investment). I guess I shouldn't expect to see this on clearance, along with any other limited edition or UCS set...

I know this set has only been out for a little over a year, but did any one actually find this on clearance or at a discount? I'm not a big fan and only plan to buy one (will build if it tanks as an investment). I guess I shouldn't expect to see this on clearance, along with any other limited edition or UCS set...

I think the best discount you can get on this set is 2x VIP points with a free promo set. Other than that, there are rarely an discounts on exclusives anymore.

Per Lego policy, these sets are not allowed to be discounted in USA.

What are the chances that triple vip points will happen this November?

Not sure. My guess is that the people who got the special invite to the Lego store on Nov 22, will most likely get 3x VIP points, but there are no certainties if they will be available to everyone like last year.

I love the Ewok Village set, though I really dislike the price. I think it will be a good performer in the long run because it has been largely ignored thus far and Bricklinking it will never be much of a viable option; it's got too many minifigs and odd pieces. The disdain people have for the set and the price point reminds me of the Town Hall. I wouldn't go all in on this one, especially since it is likely to be around for a while, but I don't think you would go wrong with having a few. Tough to buy right now though because there are just so many other sets currently in flux that are more worthwhile to invest in.

• Like 2

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think the EV will outperform the Death Star in the long run. Both are "play sets", but the EV displays better IMO. My son has both in our personal collection, and the EV just looks better on display. The DS looks like a big gray golf ball, and doesn't really catch the eye the way EV does. EV has a ton of figs, just like the DS, and portrays an iconic scene from the OT. I know a lot of people aren't big on the ewoks, but the scenes from Endor were and still are some of my favorites from ROTJ. So far I only have two EV, and zero DS. I'm targeting ten EV before it's all said and done.