10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

For all the Ewok lovers....

Haha... sometimes I forget that this film exists (though I've seen it as a kid... I don't remember anything of it haha).

Mais sans ST... c'est nul! :-P Guess I need to work harder on my french to enjoy this lovely song to its fullest!

But it's nice that those courageous Ewoks risk everything for those random kids.

Lucas has already gone nuts by the RotJ, he wanted content for little children.

If I'm not mistaking Lucas added ewoks because of his own child, so he will be able to enjoy one of daddy's movies and not have to wait to be a kid/teenager to enjoy it...

Locutus001, here are the lyrics:

Pour qu'une petite fille perdue dans la nuit revienne

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think the EV will outperform the Death Star in the long run. Both are "play sets", but the EV displays better IMO. My son has both in our personal collection, and the EV just looks better on display. The DS looks like a big gray golf ball, and doesn't really catch the eye the way EV does. EV has a ton of figs, just like the DS, and portrays an iconic scene from the OT. I know a lot of people aren't big on the ewoks, but the scenes from Endor were and still are some of my favorites from ROTJ. So far I only have two EV, and zero DS. I'm targeting ten EV before it's all said and done.

I have both the DS and EV on display in my house and when guests come by the first thing they all go look at is the EV - I've gotten many more compliments on it than any other displayed SW set I own.

EDIT: random side note: George Lucas' daughter Amanda and I were on the same little league team as kids sometime between 1988-1991 and he used to come watch our baseball games.

Edited by runormal
  • Like 4

I still prefer Ewoks over the weak and not funny battle droids the Trade Federation created.  Talk about cost cutting measures!!!

Touche. Battle robots that can be scared. Did they program fear into them on purpose? Even my 7 year old nephew finds that dumb. 

Too much stupid going in the NT. Remember the opening battle of RotS? The little droids that attach themselves to the starfighters and begin to CLAW them. I couldn't believe it. Why don't they explode instead? I get it that SW is not supposed to be entirely serious, but there is a limit where you just can not be immersed because of the idiocy.

Edited by inversion

I think the Ewok Village is a winner.  I have built it and even though it is a playset, it has a high display quality to it.

Great set.  I even like the Ewok minifigures.  They are cute.  But the ones in that video need to be sliced and diced by a light saber.  LOL

If I'm not mistaking Lucas added ewoks because of his own child, so he will be able to enjoy one of daddy's movies and not have to wait to be a kid/teenager to enjoy it...

Locutus001, here are the lyrics:

Pour qu'une petite fille perdue dans la nuit revienne

Edited by Locutus001