10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Oh my god! Have you noticed that you can only order 5 of them on LEGO Shop at Home and that on ebay there are only about 10+ different sellers that sell this item for about the same amount of money or less than LEGO Shop at Home does??? I already feel the panic taking over again... guess I'll need to buy them all... NOW! before it is too late!!! :-P

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm guessing this set isn't very popular in Europe?

Certainly not in the 1sq metre that I'm currently occupying. I just can't get those dwarves in teddy bear outfits out of my head - sorry!

There are a few of us that pay absolute zero attention to what the prophet says. Besides his teachings are from the book of Captain Obvious.....the King common sense version.

Agreed. SW was never as big in the EU as in the US, just add some ewoks and what you have is an inferior deal. On the contrary, in my opinion ToO will do better here, at least better than EV. The Prophet's information is mainly for those who are new to this game, for veterans there is rarely any new in His words.

From the build point of view EV is excellent, but poisoned with the character bias.

• Like 1

I agree much of the Propet's information is obvious if you look at things.  But really everything? You have never used any of it?  That means I assume everyone was fully stocked to the brim on Town Hall and not one person missed it that is an expert at Lego investing.  I like to think I am improving and doing well but I am not that good.

I agree much of the Propet's information is obvious if you look at things.  But really everything? You have never used any of it?  That means I assume everyone was fully stocked to the brim on Town Hall and not one person missed it that is an expert at Lego investing.  I like to think I am improving and doing well but I am not that good.

Rarely =/= never.

• Like 1

We aren't talking about the same person.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually ended up buying this set to build and have to say the main turnoff is that building trees is kind of boring (for me anyways). Whenever I purchase a Lego over $100 I am usually solely interested in the main build, and I say this because some people like that this set comes with lots of minifigs, which is a nice bonus, but not the main reason why I am buying an expensive sets (sets under $100 I might buy due to being interested in the minifigs). I know a lots of people hate on the ewoks, I don't, but still am not a huge fan of this set due to lacking a fun main build. I was still glad to have tried building something different from Lego, but in the future will only stick to Lego spaceships, buildings, cars, ect. 

• 4 weeks later...