10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

I'm basing my comments on my masters degree in psychology and my 6 years of law enforcement experience. Feel free to disagree but if you have done extensive studies on the human psyche it's not really a hard concept to grasp.

Thanks for the insight. I too have a MS in psychology, but 16 years of public school experience (both as a teacher and counselor). Most of our "criminals" are pretty stupid and predictable.

But on topic--if this set had a sound brick which played that sweet Ewok victory tune (Yub Nub...etc, etc.), I'd be all over it like white on rice. :cheese:

A couple hundred conquistadors with steel weapons and armor conquered the Aztec empire, but a couple dozen ewoks with rocks and sticks routed a regiment of storm troopers with blaster rifles backed up by AT-ST walkers...  Until someone explains this to me in a way that makes sense, all that cognitive dissonance makes it impossible for me to tolerate ewoks in my vicinity...  I keep my one copy of 10236 surrounded by 10211 and 10224 boxes so I don't ever have to see it.

Well there were more than a few dozen (moon full of of ewoks, hi) and also they were backed up a rebel squad with a wookie and the sister of a jedi. ALso, in case you haven't noticed, stormtroopers can't hit s***

While I truly appreciate a strong sense of responsibility involved, I must ask: Do violent video game players moderate their forums to avoid talking about the nutjob teenagers that go on mass shooting sprees in hopes of somehow curbing that activity?

Isn't this a very watered-down version of the same situation? Sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me.

This isn't a website dedicated to discussing a violent video game - it's dedicated to discussing a child's toy, and I know for a fact there are many kids who read this forum. This might be a better "watered down" example: many people don't swear in front of their kids because they don't want to set a bad example. Heck, there are plenty of impressionable adults who read this forum. I think that's what stephen was getting at.

• Like 1

While I don't disagree that it is better to not put bad ideas out there - I find it hard to separate these statements of potential danger from many others.

If it is all about the common good - 

We should never discuss what might cause the market to crumble - since it might send people into a selling panic.

We should never state that any set is a winner or loser - since it will effect the way people buy and sell.

And most importantly - We should never say that someone throws, runs, punches, or buys LEGO like a girl.

• Like 2

If you are that worried about cheaters opening legos and taking out minfigs, once the set is retired, values have skyrocketed, open your EV and sell an open box one showing all the mifigs in the bags. Yes, your value drops compared to NSIB but at least you have some piece of mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Price is good. If you like it, buy it!

Personally, this one is high on my low priority list. I can forgive myself if I would miss it.

LOL - I've already made up my mind to definitely miss this dreadful set even at a large discount and have forgiven myself in advance.  I'm also having a beer right now to celebrate not buying a set that would give me buyer's remorse a year or a decade from now.  I really HATE this set immensely as those ridiculous Ewoks really spoiled episode VI for me.  Each to his own and that's me.

LOL - I've already made up my mind to definitely miss this dreadful set even at a large discount and have forgiven myself in advance. I'm also having a beer right now to celebrate not buying a set that would give me buyer's remorse a year or a decade from now. I really HATE this set immensely as those ridiculous Ewoks really spoiled episode VI for me. Each to his own and that's me.

RIs and Rovers!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I looked at this set more closely. My 10 reasons for not investing in it:

1. I do not like the box art.

2. I suspect there are too many small pieces. So for displaying I am not so convinced about it.

3. I watched Episode VI as well a couple of days ago again. Tabbyboy is right. Those ewoks are stupid.

4. Too high pricepoint.

5. I do not like the boxart.

6. "

7. "

8. "

9. "

10. "

2. I suspect there are too many small pieces. So for displaying I am not so convinced about it.

3. I watched Episode VI as well a couple of days ago again. Tabbyboy is right. Those ewoks are stupid.

4. Too high pricepoint.

6. "

7. "

8. "

9. "

10. "

Number 2 is incorrect about the small pieces but correct about it being a horrible display piece.....it's a playset.
  • Like 1

4. Too high pricepoint.

6. "

7. "

8. "

9. "

10. "

So, do you really have 10 reasons, or is this a number you like to use?  You could have said it needed more sausages or something?