10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Will EV last till end of 2015?

EV and Red 5 are the only "Green Yoda" 2013 era sets still available for order at shop at home.

The likelihood that this set retires this year is fairly high given previous behavior ignoring the longevity of the DS.

That being said, nothing is certain when it comes to life of certain sets.

I'm sure there are many here who can't believe the T1 keeps on rolling down that highway.

Will EV last till end of 2015?

​I would assume so. It looks like it's still in production with the latest seal code I've seen being "16S5". Also, at least in Germany two big online retailers besides LEGO (Toys R Us, Galeria Kaufhof) still have the Ewok Village on offer for RRP.

• 1 month later...

EV is a great set. Def on my investment list. With episode 7 coming out in Dec this is a HUGE year for SW LEGO. I would guess that EV will last through 2016 because the SW hipe will carry over into the new year. (don't forget about post box office viewers)

EV is a great set. Def on my investment list. With episode 7 coming out in Dec this is a HUGE year for SW LEGO. I would guess that EV will last through 2016 because the SW hipe will carry over into the new year. (don't forget about post box office viewers)

Sure there will be a lot of SW hype around the theatrical release of the new movie and its follow-ups but wouldn't LEGO retire some SW sets regardless? There's also the rumored release of a new Hoth Echo Base in October which could be intended as a replacement for the EV. Then, next year will surely see the release of more SW sets in the top end of the market ($200€+). Well, I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of EV retiring at the end of 2016 but to me it seems more likely to be retired at the end of this year.

• Like 1

This is the same reasoning that folks gave for R2, or HH and Halloween last year, etc...no guarantees on anything is the lesson. The 4th quarter this year should be interesting - perhaps not as many retirements as last year, but should be some big ones, maybe some surprises. Where is Ed to give some hints about what is next to go?

• Like 1

Just my opinion so do with it as you like:

Last year 10220-10229 with one exception (highly popular 10220) was retired.

Would 10230-10237 be retired this year?  With the possibility of an exception (my guess 10232).

10230, 10231, 10233 and 10235 have all been officially retired.  That only leaves:

PC, EV, SOH and ToO.

I would also speculate 1-2 sets in the 10240-10249 range might get pulled as well.

Everyone can guess for themselves on those sleepers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kicking myself over last year - EV was 20% off on Amazon for over a month.  Had it in my cart several times and didn't pull the trigger.  Hoping for a repeat sale this year at some point, but it's driving me nuts to try figuring out which will come first: sale of 20% or greater or set retirement.

It's a 2013 set, so this Xmas season should be the swan song unless it's the new Death Star that hangs around forever...

Kicking myself over last year - EV was 20% off on Amazon for over a month.  Had it in my cart several times and didn't pull the trigger.  Hoping for a repeat sale this year at some point, but it's driving me nuts to try figuring out which will come first: sale of 20% or greater or set retirement.

It's a 2013 set, so this Xmas season should be the swan song unless it's the new Death Star that hangs around forever...

I don't think EV will be around for Christmas...
  • Like 1

Even at $250 a good investor would still be buying these, as this set will do very well when retired and there will never be a set like this again.

There are many collectors and AFOLs who also visit BrickPicker for sale and set retirement news.  They don't really care about making a buck and maybe only care about saving a buck.