10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

PANIC!!!!!!!!!

I'm being nice and not taking the bait so that Little Johnny has a better chance of getting one. I can see disappointed people being stuck with lots of brown bricks to offload in a few years time. This set just ain't for me.

As long as the roster don't get re-released it should keep or increase its value.

Because if the minifigs are reissued somewhere else, you're suddenly stuck with a pricey set of trees!

The panic button has been pressed. So despite what anyone has said, this thing is as good as gold now :lol:

As long as the roster don't get re-released it should keep or increase its value.

Because if the minifigs are reissued somewhere else, you're suddenly stuck with a pricey set of trees!

Those are Star Wars trees. They carry a heavy markup no matter what kind of wood, err plastic, they're made from!

• Like 3

I've got one squirreled away for a personal build on a rainy day, but always wanted at least one more for investment. Count me in...got my "limit 1" at LEGO Shop at Home today after watching Amazon for what would have been a (frankly) surprising discount. Bonus: now my kids will get to build the free astronaut.

I could see this going away this year.  Seems like it fits the pattern, since you have the rumored Hoth Rebel Base set coming out in October, and a new Death Star (opps should I talk about that?) in 2016.  Seems like those two replace EV and Old DS.  We'll probably also see another UCS vehicle in January 2016, or in the summer wave of 2016 that will replace the Sandcrawler (the only monster set left out there).

Do people honestly think this has a chance of going EOL at the end of the year? Has there been any precedent set with the other large star wars sets (excluding death star of course)?

If you exclude the death start, then yes.  Its hard to find something similar given its size and the fact that its a play set not a "UCS", but it will be hitting the two year mark in sept and that is a common EOL point for most sets.  I think the closest retired comparison would be 10195, which lasted about 2.5 years (in stock time), but that was a different time.  We still have the sandcrawler, and likely the new play set coming (hoth, at-at, what ever) as well as multiple UCS ships available.  The odds of this retiring soon are very high, I would say higher than any other $100+ SW set currently available, and there is a lot of speculation on R5, AT-AT and ISD... 

Amazon has it under review, and has defaulted to third party sellers, may be the reason.  Promising that in that state it has jumped up to $75 above retail.

Thanks. I forgot to check if it was being reviewed.I usually check when I notice targets price but forgot...

How can you tell it is under review by Amazon?

Scroll down to see the notice:

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

On the app it's HUGE!

Item Under Review

Thanks. That makes me a little bit relieved. I got none of this set now and I don't want to miss it.