10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

I am kind of upset there's no collectors edition yet. I mean i'd like to buy a bunch of them before it sells out and no one can get them in order to flip. Hopefully they will announce one soon but I talk to game stop and there's no news yet. Where's the fun in being able to buy a standard game that's readily available as a regular pricing? LOL

There has been a  used set posted for well over a month now for a used ewok village with all minifigures, box and instructions for $200, and I just cannot seem to pull the trigger on it. I don't even know if $180 would be a fair deal. I really am hesitant on the prospects of this one, though it is only a gut instinct. 

Would you you buy used at this price?

There has been a  used set posted for well over a month now for a used ewok village with all minifigures, box and instructions for $200, and I just cannot seem to pull the trigger on it. I don't even know if $180 would be a fair deal. I really am hesitant on the prospects of this one, though it is only a gut instinct. 

Would you you buy used at this price?

​I've seen this asked time & time again.  People ponder on sets that has over 1500 pieces & whether to buy at a decent price or not; Let alone a Star Wars Set.  While I don't disagree with your thinking.... usually what this means that after retirement its a big winner.  Any big Star Wars sets that has gobbs of minifigures & likely won't be reproduced again is bank!  

So to answer your question....  No I would not buy.  I would buy a NIB with the best deal I could get!  Perhaps on May the 4th.......

Edited by Kodiak10
  • Like 1

I myself being a battlefront veteran have been drying for a new one to come out since forever lol and this game gives me hope since dice is making it but the one thing that has me worried is that there isn't going to be any space combat.... I suppose they could add it with an update or dlc but I'm really going to be bummed if it isn't part of the game 

• 2 weeks later...

um what?!?! The b wing cost me 100.00 and came with freebies. It sells for 230 ish.

I swear some of you reslly do think we are still in green grocer Cafe corner era. B wing was a slam dunk investment.

Sorry dude but what you paid for a set is totally irrelevant. It has been discussed many times and agreed that a performance of a lego set is judged against its MSR and not the price someone paid for with/without discounts, vouchers, freebies or being that a from the grandma.

so the b wing indeed is a turd. As with the EV....tough call. I wouldnt pay top bucks for it, but i am sure many people who collect star wars will do!

Sorry dude but what you paid for a set is totally irrelevant. It has been discussed many times and agreed that a performance of a lego set is judged against its MSR and not the price someone paid for with/without discounts, vouchers, freebies or being that a from the grandma.

so the b wing indeed is a turd. As with the EV....tough call. I wouldnt pay top bucks for it, but i am sure many people who collect star wars will do!

​For what its worth I agree with you, people have discussed this to death.
That being said their is statistics, college, education, professorships, residency, scholarships, awards and all kinds of other things.

In the end, to me what matters is profit margin not any of the other stuff.
If Target was dumping a semi load of anything and I mean anything Lego Star Wars of a $50-$250 set and they sold it for $25, I would be happy to know that I bought 1,000 of them at $25 a piece, MSRP was $150 and in retirement are selling them at  $150.  I would take that any day over statistics theory and performance.  I'm in it for the business performance on it, and to me that is what matters not statistics.

So in the case of a B Wing, I had a bunch at $100 and sold early and wish I didn't.  Because I would buy a semi load of them at $100 in a heart beat today not caring one bit what MSRP was.

Each person has their own methods and that is ok.  Mine has nothing to do with the sets MSRP and for me that methodology works great.  On this one I am with hxckid88.

• Like 2

I lost you after your first sentence. What you are saying is like saying the sky is red. No it's not. What I paid for a set and what I sell it for is the only thing that matters to me. Analyzing every aspect of a set is not for me. Im not a lego guy. I'm a how fast can I make money guy.  I cant disrespect a Lego set and call it a Turd if it made me a few grand. Goodluck in your investments and I hope you do well with them. But don't shoot someone down who makes a very nice income from doing  this on the side and knows what he has been doing this longer then most. Back to the Batcave. 

• Like 1

​For what its worth I agree with you, people have discussed this to death.That being said their is statistics, college, education, professorships, residency, scholarships, awards and all kinds of other things.

In the end, to me what matters is profit margin not any of the other stuff.
If Target was dumping a semi load of anything and I mean anything Lego Star Wars of a $50-$250 set and they sold it for $25, I would be happy to know that I bought 1,000 of them at $25 a piece, MSRP was $150 and in retirement are selling them at  $150.  I would take that any day over statistics theory and performance.  I'm in it for the business performance on it, and to me that is what matters not statistics.

So in the case of a B Wing, I had a bunch at $100 and sold early and wish I didn't.  Because I would buy a semi load of them at $100 in a heart beat today not caring one bit what MSRP was.

Each person has their own methods and that is ok.  Mine has nothing to do with the sets MSRP and for me that methodology works great.  On this one I am with hxckid88.

ROI is all that matters. 

I believe you are correct.  To me that is what matters.

In reality there is no one person or dictionary who holds the definition of what is right one way or the other.

I do hold that book, e copies are available for download on Amazon for 5.00. 

• Like 2

I lost you after your first sentence. What you are saying is like saying the sky is red. No it's not. What I paid for a set and what I sell it for is the only thing that matters to me. Analyzing every aspect of a set is not for me. Im not a lego guy. I'm a how fast can I make money guy.  I cant disrespect a Lego set and call it a Turd if it made me a few grand. Goodluck in your investments and I hope you do well with them. But don't shoot someone down who makes a very nice income from doing  this on the side and knows what he has been doing this longer then most. Back to the Batcave. 

​Its all fine by me what you say and your narrow perspective doesn't bother me either. How much money you made on this certain set is only your business of course and again, irrelevant to the overall performance. Every kid can go on the internet and hit brickpicker.com and see what the MSRP has been when on sale and what is the current performance almost 2 years later. When it comes to ROI here in this forum we look at the set more globally rather than what some individuals managed to score on it, i would think.

The two are somewhat related.  Part of the problem for B-Wing is that so many folks were able to pick them up for $100 with bonus Han Solo polybags.  That sort of buy-in price enables people to sell for $200 and feel good about it.  That said, I don't think B-Wing had a bright future regardless.  Reviews for the model were rather poor (by lego set standards) and the ship, while OT (and the heaviest fighter the Rebels have) gets only a few seconds of screen time in one movie.  I'm more surprised by the poor performance of Tantive IV.  I didn't buy any of those, just 'cause I wasn't really paying attention at the time, but it looks awesome and it is the setting for the opening sequences of Episode IV.  I love those first few minutes, since it's the only time storm troopers ever actually seem elite (forcing the docking hatch and routing Leia's bodyguards).

I think the issue here is this -

Sorry dude but what you paid for a set is totally irrelevant.

commenting on a post 3 months after it was posted and stating that what you paid is totally irrelevant seems provocational...
hxc and I do not deal in theory of MSRP and ROI based upon base numbers that relate to statistics and not our lives.
We live in the real world and are in this with individual ongoing business operations to make money.  I also love Lego and am a fan.
Jais revised post that states what ROI is by text book forum definition and what ROI is by individual is right on.
I choose to live in the real world and not the statistical book.
I do not consider his perspective narrow.  If making money and putting food on the table is narrow, then sign me up.

• Like 6

I think the issue here is this -

Sorry dude but what you paid for a set is totally irrelevant.

commenting on a post 3 months after it was posted and stating that what you paid is totally irrelevant seems provocational...
hxc and I do not deal in theory of MSRP and ROI based upon base numbers that relate to statistics and not our lives.
We live in the real world and are in this with individual ongoing business operations to make money.  I also love Lego and am a fan.
Jais revised post that states what ROI is by text book forum definition and what ROI is by individual is right on.
I choose to live in the real world and not the statistical book.
I do not consider his perspective narrow.  If making money and putting food on the table is narrow, then sign me up.

​This is a forum and how old the comment is doesn't matter, does it? Old topics can spring back to action at any time...

I do not concentrate on statistics. Just stand behind my point of view that what some people did with a certain set doesn't necessarily mean it did good for everyone. Lego investing business is a global thing. However I do accept the two points of view: A - B-Wing is globally recognized as a mediocre set and it underperforms for SW UCS set, B - it did well for those who bought it heavily discounted.
The coin has two sides. I never said it didn't do well for some guys, and I know it did. What I was trying say is that people could be a little bit less self-centric at times...

If my response did offend certain members here, please accept my apologies. At no point bad intention was invoivled.

​This is a forum and how old the comment is doesn't matter, does it? Old topics can spring back to action at any time...

I do not concentrate on statistics. Just stand behind my point of view that what some people did with a certain set doesn't necessarily mean it did good for everyone. Lego investing business is a global thing. However I do accept the two points of view: A - B-Wing is globally recognized as a mediocre set and it underperforms for SW UCS set, B - it did well for those who bought it heavily discounted.
The coin has two sides. I never said it didn't do well for some guys, and I know it did. What I was trying say is that people could be a little bit less self-centric at times...

If my response did offend certain members here, please accept my apologies. At no point bad intention was invoivled.

​No offense taken. Was more of me shaking my head at your first sentence. I make a nice income form selling things online, lego being only about 10% of what I sell, cause their are much better places to put your money. So, for me the only thing that matters is how much I pay for something and how much I sell it for. Of course I factor in other things, such as how long b4 sale, storage, probability for something to go wrong in transit  but they are all minute points and only in back of my mind. Good luck in your investments, and listen to Trek, he's almost as smart as me, but nicer.

Edited by hxckid88