10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

I'm looking at the box this morning, and possibly the most prominent picture is Yoda??? Why is he on the box, yet has nothing to do with the set?

lol

You are a great lego SW fan, aren't you ? ;)

Trooper for 2011 sets

Darth maul for 2012 sets

Yoda for 2013 sets

Darth Vader for 2014 sets

Storm trooper for 2015 sets

etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this has happened a few times over the last few years, I think it basically means they are just waiting for production lines to become available to run another batch. This set is 100% not going EOL right now.

Yeah...Just like the SSD, TH, HH, GE, etc...LOL  I don't think retirement is imminent, but this is a set to watch possibly.

Which sets can you be sure about these days? If you want one, or see high investment potential in it, buy it sooner rather than later.  

I do not like the boxart with Yoda. The set is so so. But it has got alot of minifigs. I will buy one or two when I stumble upon them on sale and dunno what else to buy.

Now:

"Eh, this set is a dust collector."

"Lego really screwed the pooch on this one!"

"Ewoks are so LAME! ROTJ is the worstest!"

First Signs of EOL:

"Guaranteed massive winner!"

"ZOMG SO MANY AWESOME MINIFIGS! SO MANY PROFITS!!"

"F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5"

Book it. ;)

Edit: once again, the proofreader has been sacked.

Edited by dubzero
  • Like 8

Now:

"Eh, this set is a dust collector."

"Lego really screwed the pooch on this one!"

"Ewoks are so LAME! ROTJ is the worstest!"

First Signs of EOL:

"Guaranteed massive winner!"

"ZOMG SO MANY AWESOME MINIFIGS! SO MANY PROFITS!!"

"F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5"

Book it. ;)

Edit: once again, the proofreader has been sacked.

This is hilarious and 100% accurate!
  • Like 2

Common sense really, once you've been investing in Lego for several years.

OK I'm fine with you thinking you have it all figured out but can you please do me a favor and phrase posts like that more in the form of an opinion. There are new investors here that might take your "common sense" as fact. I understand everyone must think on their own and do their due diligence but let's not make it harder for them. I'm not trying to be rude in any way but the bottom line is that you THINK that it's not gonna retire soon, you really don't know......unless you know someone high up in lego pyramid, which you did not indicate.

OK I'm fine with you thinking you have it all figured out but can you please do me a favor and phrase posts like that more in the form of an opinion. There are new investors here that might take your "common sense" as fact. I understand everyone must think on their own and do their due diligence but let's not make it harder for them. I'm not trying to be rude in any way but the bottom line is that you THINK that it's not gonna retire soon, you really don't know......unless you know someone high up in lego pyramid, which you did not indicate.

woo woo woo just relax, I understand your point but all the information is out in the wild for any new investor if they actually do some research themselves. Fairly new set been out approx 1 year, massive and popular set which means Lego will produce it for several years, going off examples of previous size Star Wars sets and third it's Christmas which means a lot of sets nowhere near EOL will flash in and out of 'unavailable, sold out, etc etc during the festive season. I am sorry that I've somehow struck a cord I did not mean to but the thread's title is just 'Ewok Village' Not is it EOL or is it done etc, so I was just voicing my opinion.

• Like 1

woo woo woo just relax, I understand your point but all the information is out in the wild for any new investor if they actually do some research themselves. Fairly new set been out approx 1 year, massive and popular set which means Lego will produce it for several years, going off examples of previous size Star Wars sets and third it's Christmas which means a lot of sets nowhere near EOL will flash in and out of 'unavailable, sold out, etc etc during the festive season. I am sorry that I've somehow struck a cord I did not mean to but the thread's title is just 'Ewok Village' Not is it EOL or is it done etc, so I was just voicing my opinion.

I'm not attacking you sorry if you feel that way. LEGO is very conscious of investors these days and are trying to protect their brand. So it really doesn't matter how long a set has been out, they can and will retire a set whenever. While it's still possible I think it will become harder and harder to predict EOL. They have already shown signs of mixing things up to throw off investors. Please no hard feelings.

Too bad the sale on  EWOK did not extend into the US.  I was able to acquire my first copy using the 25% amazon promo. 

Massive set, loads of figures 20% (up to 25% off of $200=$50) off retail.  Great buy.  Now if I can just keep it in the darn box.

I have so many sets I want to build and no time yet.

Loose TB

Loose PC

Volvo (that will be a long build since I am a newbie in Technic building)

10221 NIB: might need to buy a loose copy to build

... more for the proper thread

Relax.  When a set goes on sale at LEGO LEGO Shop at Home, it doesn't always mean imminent retirement.  But what it tells me is that LEGO must be having a hard time selling them or they are clearing out their inventory.  

Sorry, I wasn't being serious. I have 0 still, but it's definitely on my radar after the holidays. Your points are good :-)

I may have missed some comments but is that the speculated reason for the suspected upcoming retirements?

Historically Nov & Dec have more retirements than any other months. However, I do not believe this title is anywhere near the end. Edited by dcdfan