10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

Ewok village is pretty expensive as well - I don't see much flipping value or anything there. At $250, to get maximum profit it would have to go up quite a bit. Selling on Ebay, with shipping you would have to sell it for $300 just to make a profit.

Fun House, Orc Forge, Captain America Cycle - these are gonna be better holiday flips

Nope. Some people some to have forgotten the Ewoks aren't popular with many SW fans. Many fans have said the Ewok scenes ruined Jedi.

Furthermore, most Ewok sets have performed so-so.

For now, I say buy when discounted for building / play with kids. Children will love this set.

I loved the Ewok battle when i was a kid in the 80's. And it's still a great part of the movie.

Looking a the single picture this does not "look" like much of a set.

But it has 1990 pieces and is a 10nnnn. But is it an exclusive? If so discounts may be hard to come by.

I loved the Ewok battle when i was a kid in the 80's. And it's still a great part of the movie.

Looking a the single picture this does not "look" like much of a set.

But it has 1990 pieces and is a 10nnnn. But is it an exclusive? If so discounts may be hard to come by.

Everything gets discounted once the the online stores have inventory.  It just takes time and LUCK to be aware when it happens (e.g. Amazon's May 30th sale with Arkham, Horizon Express, Haunted House, etc... and last Nov / Dec when the modules, SSD, Death Star among others had a sale.).

i also liked the Kenner set so much as a kid that my son has the robin hood version (found for $10 last year). Kids love it.  With adults, it is more of a shot in the dark.

This opinion is colored heavily by my distaste of the Ewoks ;)   Unless the Ewoks make a prominent return in movie VII, I do not forsee any high demand for Ewok Village set after EOL.  Death Star was iconic and was featured in 2 movies (plus shown in III) so it was a no brainer (we just need to see it EOL :P

Lets just say I know some people who fast forward the Ewoks scenes when watching ep VI because they disturb the flow of the awesome final duel :D

You mean you missed this?????

Thanks for reminding me of this colossal waste of time. :D

This opinion is colored heavily by my distaste of the Ewoks ;)   Unless the Ewoks make a prominent return in movie VII, I do not forsee any high demand for Ewok Village set after EOL.  Death Star was iconic and was featured in 2 movies (plus shown in III) so it was a no brainer (we just need to see it EOL :P

Lets just say I know some people who fast forward the Ewoks scenes when watching ep VI because they disturb the flow of the awesome final duel :D

Thanks for reminding me of this colossal waste of time. :D

I completely disagree - this set will do great after EOL because it is an insanely high quality play set and it has a high retail price. I don't see any serious Star Wars fan not wanting this.

Nope. Some people some to have forgotten the Ewoks aren't popular with many SW fans. Many fans have said the Ewok scenes ruined Jedi.

Furthermore, most Ewok sets have performed so-so.

For now, I say buy when discounted for building / play with kids. Children will love this set.

How can people NOT like the Ewoks???  I love them!! :)  Of course, I'm kinda partial to cute fuzzy animals. :)