10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

• 2 months later...

Was in my local Lego Store today and was advised that the Ewok Village would be available this weekend for the VIP members.....I'm gonna just wait so I can get some of the mini vw's and clonetrooper figs for the September promotion.....

I heard it would be this and the SOH both for VIP members... Looks like a great set.

Guest eightbrick

Not on the same scale. 41999 was limited edition, there was a rush because everyone knew this was their one chance to get it at retail. With the Ewok Village, sure, the first ten or so on eBay are going to fetch a pretty penny as always with new SW sets, but I don't see a feeding storm here. Especially since most people view it as the replacement for the Death Star, which has had one of the longest Lego set availability times ever. Should be an interesting discussion, thanks for posting!

Hmm. I wonder if the death star will finally be retired at the end of the year if this is the case of the ewok village possibly being its replacement. In the first couple years after the ewok village retires i believe this could catch big time returns once placed on the aftermarket. It just has that look about it for some reason. I really iconic set i believe. :money:

Hmm. I wonder if the death star will finally be retired at the end of the year if this is the case of the ewok village possibly being its replacement. In the first couple years after the ewok village retires i believe this could catch big time returns once placed on the aftermarket. It just has that look about it for some reason. I really iconic set i believe. :money:

We shall see at the end of the year.

• Like 1

I dunno. It maybe might could sell out at LEGO Shop at Home, but I doubt Lego has underestimated demand, and has planned production numbers accordingly.

Plus, it's ewoks. I've never even heard of ewoks, and I've been watching Star Wars since 1980.

Who was not paying attention in 1983 then ;P

I dunno. It maybe might could sell out at LEGO Shop at Home, but I doubt Lego has underestimated demand, and has planned production numbers accordingly.

Plus, it's ewoks. I've never even heard of ewoks, and I've been watching Star Wars since 1980.

I'm expecting the <sarcasm/> tag to come up anytime now.