10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

Right. It's funny though, that they knew enough to be watching for a good Lego.com sale, but then don't know enough about Ebay fees and shipping. Oh well, survival of the fittest applies here...

I don't they were necessarily looking for good deals......anyone who was on a Lego related website knew in advance of the sale. I knew there would be a few idiots losing money on this thing, but in have no idea it was going to be this many.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a newbie I knew I wouldn't have the patience for this set...so just didn't buy.  But enjoyed following the 'feeding frenzy' that day haha.  If it was another SW set that I liked (R2D2 etc.) I would have purchased but the B-Wing didn't appeal to me.  Trying to stick to the rule of only buying sets that I like myself. 

Concur. It really tilts me for some reason that it does NOT include a minifig with it.

Well, a minifig would not fit the x-wing or b-wing cockpit seat at this UCS scale. Which makes it more odd that they included an R2 with the UCS x-wing(s) because he's really too small. That's the thing I really like about the falcon and the imperial shuttle, that they are UCS AND true minifig scale.

Except most newbie sellers don't even ship internationally. One reason why they are throwing away profits. A large portion of my more expensive sets are sold to buyers outside of the USA and frequently sell for more than they would to someone domestically.

Is the B-Wing box too big to put inside a shipping box for international shippping?  A lot of countries have limits on package dimensions.

Right. It's funny though, that they knew enough to be watching for a good Lego.com sale, but then don't know enough about Ebay fees and shipping. Oh well, survival of the fittest applies here...

Perhaps they have experience selling small under $20 stuffs that are cheap to ship and to sell. They probably did not expect the size of bwing boxes

While there are definitely a lot of people on ebay losing money on this set there are still probably some making money even when they are only selling it for $100-120.  I know that some of the Lego employees at my local Lego store were able to buy multiple B-Wings for $100 and then use there employee discount on top of the already 50% off.  So they could have got the sets for $60-80 a piece and are now flipping them for $120 or so.  Still not worth it in my opinion, and there's still a ton of idiots on ebay losing money on this set.  I think a lot of newcomers to the Lego game are finding out that Lego buying and selling isn't as easy as it seems.........

Being able to quick flip a LEGO set for a substantial profit is a rarity, yet there is a faction of members who think a LEGO set is a bad investment if it doesn't double in value while it is still being produced by LEGO.  Very unrealistic expectations.  For every Minecraft, there are 400 regular LEGO sets that lose value before they are retired and have negative CAGR values for months, if not years.

• Like 1

I agree. I'm storing 16 of them and they take up most of the shelving unit. I also need to make two shelve extra long (height-wise) for them and lost precious height on the other 2.

Dude, that is a nice setup. And I can see exactly what you mean by how much space they take up. Sheesh. I mean it's one thing looking at the item taking up shelf space in store but another when trying to find a spot to put it in your own home.

Update...amazon just priced matched.

Quick link.

Only four left from Amazon! Sorry about that, the one that keeps coming up is a third-party seller. I can't just get the one "sold by Amazon" to come up.

What's up with all the conspiracy theories? Do y'all believe in UFOs or that we never landed on the moon? :)

I don't have any problem believing in life on other planets, but the one about never landing on the moon doesn't make much sense. I can see why at the time the very first one could have been staged to win "The Great Space Race" and all, but little else.

Is the B-Wing box too big to put inside a shipping box for international shippping?  A lot of countries have limits on package dimensions.

The box is the same size as the Tower Bridge set. Massive waste of space.

I'm certainly trying to pounce on as many of these as I can whilst people panic sell

The # of eBay auctions have increased greatly since May 4th...

I'm used to 'panic selling' refering to people selling something as quick as they could to get it off their hands because said item was bombing in value. These people flipping their B-Wing right now aren't really 'panic selling' so much as 'trying to make a quick buck'. At least that is how I see it.

I picked up 4 b-wing from Craigslist for 400 total...  I asked the guy why he wants to get rid of it, and he said he just does not want to have the hassle... Hm... To me it's a great deal, and I wonder if these sets are from his friends where they might be working for Lego to get extra discount... I just don't see why people are selling at a loss..

I picked up 4 b-wing from Craigslist for 400 total...  I asked the guy why he wants to get rid of it, and he said he just does not want to have the hassle... Hm... To me it's a great deal, and I wonder if these sets are from his friends where they might be working for Lego to get extra discount... I just don't see why people are selling at a loss..

I bought my 4 b-wings from Lego for $99.99 + tax each...at the time they gave a free PROMO Hoth Han Solo...I'm guessing the guy you bought it from just wanted the PROMO...like me

I think he might have been one of those people who bought them on the 4th and had $$$ in his eyes. I love how people think LEGO investing is a get rich quick scheme.......its furthest from that actually.

I think he might have been one of those people who bought them on the 4th and had $$$ in his eyes. I love how people think LEGO investing is a get rich quick scheme.......its furthest from that actually.

Yup...i bought 2 thinking i could flip one...then my sister brings me 2 more to sell...now i can't even sell the B-Wing + Poster + Chima Chi Battle for $150...

emazers, was the 14 dollars to ship so low because it was flat rate or because it was only 85 miles away?

Maybe this is one to hold until 2015 on the hopes that Episode 7 begins with a fleet of B-wings blasting through space led by Lando Calrissian Jr, played by Will Smith's son.  :purple:

Personally, this is my favorite type of set to invest in.  A big Star Wars set of a ship I think is so ugly, I have on interest in building it.  The SSD is the same way, I have no where to put that thing, so I really have on interest in building it.  It's the other sets that keep saying "build me, I'm fun" that keep taunting me.

• 2 weeks later...