10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

I really don't understand why people think the price to sell

these won't be close to retail. I get that there will be some people who sell fast to make a little but most of us won't sell for $150. Why would I want to do that? You can't get it anywhere now for less than retail other than eBay and most of the sites will charge tax and shipping. Keep

In mind most people know nothing of all of this and just want to buy one for themselves or their kids to build. I figure at worst a BIN on eBay around the holidays for $190 will be a no brainer.

To echo the quoted post, why would anyone sell this set for just $150? And why would the seller advertise it for a DLVD price? That $30 listed for shipping should be paid by the buyer, not the seller. Otherwise, it's $180 and offered at Free Shipping.

I said it on page one--no one will care what you paid for a set. If you bought it for $100 and are trying to sell it on Ebay for $150 as soon as you get it, you probably should not be trying to flip Lego sets. Wait until late November and you can probably offer it at $200-225 dlvd if you want a quick out(once Lego is sold out).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you gonna be saying sorry to everyone, including yourself when everyone pays internet sales tax? wink

Nope, I have a budget for buying Legos so the only affect to me will be buying a few less sets a year. Lego is putting a store in my state later this year so I will soon be paying tax at Lego Shop @ Home regardless of the Internet Sales Tax law.

I agree with the math for the most part. Only thing is, $20 profit and a $20 selling price for Han. Take him out of the equation, and you break even.

True, but he is part of the equation for me.

I really don

I bought 2 sets at 50 off. Due to the reviews, I doubt it will surge in value even eol.

The reviews have been "mixed" but not due to the build process nor final product. People weren't happy because of the $199 price for about 1,400 element and no minifigs. Quite a few elements are on the medium to larger size. Many really liked the final product,

I think the lowest price we'll see on avg is $175 for the near future. With non-EOLs sets, I "usually" use Amazon as a price guide tool since they are faster to fluctuate their prices with Walmart, Target, etc... With the 10227 B-Wing $99 sale, only toysrus.com and amazon lowered their $. TRU was $99 for Sat and Amazon is still around $175.

I'll also most likely include a B-Wing minifig when I sell 1-2 years after it's retirement.

Meaning people will forget about it? are you predicting that it looses, or atleast doesnt do well in EOL?

He is just saying that people will forget this was 50% off at one point and therefore that won't have an impact on the set's performance. Ed has always been an optimist regarding this set so I doubt he is saying it will lose value.

I think most of us think it will do very well.

Meaning people will forget about it? are you predicting that it looses, or atleast doesnt do well in EOL?

He is just saying that people will forget this was 50% off at one point and therefore that won't have an impact on the set's performance. Ed has always been an optimist regarding this set so I doubt he is saying it will lose value.

I think most of us think it will do very well.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

btw its still on sale for $172 @ walmart.com, not quite 50% off but still nice for those of us who missed that killer deal.

Its around the price on amazon as well, better to go that route, Walmart is notorious for slapping an invoice and shipping label right on the Lego box and shipping it like that :(

Right. If you are ordering from Walmart it is usually better to select ship to store. Every time I have ordered this way the boxes have arrived in great condition.

If lego has any sort of significant stock of B-Wings after this sale it will be a long, long time before they run out of them. This was selling poorly before the sale and now there will be hundreds, if not thousands, available on ebay for significantly less than retail. Lego should clearance anything left after this sale b/c they will only be taking up valuable shelf space in their stores if they don't. I bought 2 of these during the sale and I was kicking myself at the time for not buying more, but I now think that it was probably a good move: I'm not going to be tempted by another sale.

I'm building the set I got on the May the 4th special and when I got to bag #6 I realized I have two bag #9's. I left them sealed and did a check on the parts inside and they are definitely both #9's. I called up Customer Service and they were very nice and will be sending out the parts for bag #6 (some were out of stock so it will take longer on a few pieces). So far I'm enjoying the B-Wing build much more than the X-Wing I finished the other night.

I'm building the set I got on the May the 4th special and when I got to bag #6 I realized I have two bag #9's. I left them sealed and did a check on the parts inside and they are definitely both #9's. I called up Customer Service and they were very nice and will be sending out the parts for bag #6 (some were out of stock so it will take longer on a few pieces).

So far I'm enjoying the B-Wing build much more than the X-Wing I finished the other night.

I am currently building mine as well, but have the complete opposite opinion. I enjoyed th X Wing more than I am the B-Wing