10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

I just received the new 10227 UCS B-WING. I was very, very impressed. The set was very large. The box was a new, reinforced type that was very different from past poor quality boxes. I am going to go out on a limb here and say this will be a very nice collector's set.

Take advantage of the LEGO deal right now. FREE TC-14, double VIP points(worth $20 OFF) and FREE shipping.

my initial reaction to this set was Blah!! It has definately grown on me since then though!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on picking up a few before EOL. Hopefully on sale; there will be plenty of opportunity during the next 1.5-2 years. Free shipping, $20 of VIP points, and a TC-14 and no tax to my house sounds pretty tempting though..... Must resist.

I bought it with the Haunted House and they threw in a Collectible Minifigure as well. Nice surprise!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up this kit a few weeks ago and finally built it last week. I had a few days without power during Hurricane Sandy so I spent my daylight hours putting this thing together. It is pretty awesome, has some finicky parts and the parts where the wings attached and a few of laser extension fall off easily but over its a really cool piece. I think it will do very well after it goes EOL and for those collectors out there that like to have one to build this is a really nice display piece. I'm just hoping the new Star Wars movies have some more B-Wings scenes in them and this thing can get really popular!

I'm just hoping the new Star Wars movies have some more B-Wings scenes in them and this thing can get really popular!

I highly doubt it. The B-wing was pretty old and long in the tooth when we saw it in ROTJ. The new movies will take place years later from where ROTJ left off. I highly doubt we'll ever see it on film again.

But still a cool set to have and build.

I've been doing a lot of reading on potential story lines for the new STAR WARS movies and they have no idea where and when the next movies will take place. It could be that Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and the bunch are going to be in the next movie. Who knows? But having a new movie with the older characters in it would be a lot of fun.

• 3 months later...

The B-wing has to be one of the coolest display pieces for a UCS. its huge, full of detail and isnt boring with plane colored bricks like the imperial shuttle. In my opinion this set is just like the MF with its color design and details. Most of the past UCS have just been blah and boring imo. This set is sure to be a big winner once goes eol basically because nobody shows it any love. Which by all means is fine with me... less love shorter production more $$$$

I think its a super cool display piece! The problem that one of the other mods pointed out is that its pretty flimsy when its built. I will be getting a few for investments but probably not to build. The main reason why is gets no investment love is because it is new ish. It happens with most sets. The closer to EOL it gets the more love will come its way! Paitience my young apprentice.

It has an awesome look with the display, but as stephen_rockefeller said, it is a fairly fragile display set.

As long as it is out of the way, it is fine.

I am waiting for it to go to around $160 to get it....

Buy one for me too, they are $350 down here in australia :(

IMHO I also think it will do well. I haven't seen many around in Italy or Croatia and like everyone already stated - the closer it is to EOL and the harder it will be to find, the price will get higher. All starfighters from the SW theme are very cool, as are the capital ships. The B-wing didn't get a lot of screen time, but maybe this will change with the new movies.

• 2 weeks later...

I am torn in regards to this sets investment potential. I cannot ignore the fact that almost all UCS sets do very well in the afterlife.......but I also cannot ignore the fact that this ship is far from iconic. I thought it was rather a strange choice for a UCS given that much more iconic pieces have not gotten the UCS treatment. Thoughts?

personally i think the b wing is an awesome ship especially in this model the only thing lacking is a pilot exclusive to the set and as for the death star.... its one of a kind it will increase tremendously in value no matter how long its been available for there will never be a remake and i think they will have the death star in the newer movies which will only increase interest death star owners are safe

personally i think the b wing is an awesome ship

especially in this model

the only thing lacking is a pilot exclusive to the set

and as for the death star....

its one of a kind

it will increase tremendously in value no matter how long its been available for

there will never be a remake and i think they will have the death star in the newer movies which will only increase interest

death star owners are safe

When palpatine comes back in his clones, he uses that massive star destroyer (the name eludes me) with the huge cannon and six gravity well projectors, not a Death Star.

I personally think its a nice model. Much better than its smaller predecessors. Whether that translates into the same kind of profit as is typical for the UCS line, time will tell. I try and stick to buying and investing in sets I think are well built and appeal to me. Cause I've been know to just get the itch to build a few of my "saved" sets every once in a while.

personally i think the b wing is an awesome ship

especially in this model

the only thing lacking is a pilot exclusive to the set

and as for the death star....

its one of a kind

it will increase tremendously in value no matter how long its been available for

there will never be a remake and i think they will have the death star in the newer movies which will only increase interest

death star owners are safe

I have a hard time believing that there will be another Death Star in the 7-9 Trilogy. I DO think they will find a way to get the Falcon in at least number 7 to have the ship finally meet its demise. I could be completely wrong though.