10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much this is going to cost. I still have to get the R2-D2 set. Speaking of the R2-D2 set, are retail stores going to get it?

Probably $200(US). Looks like a big set, 1400+ pieces. I like it, although a lot of other people find it uninteresting. I have no idea about the R2-D2 UCS set coming to retail stores.

Guest idunno101

looks like a really nice and sleek model especially on the stand. I like the new 2x4 pieces with the studs on the sides, it would definitely help with some MOCs which may be why some people get this set. The info plate will add some value to the set as it usually does. The only problem I have though is that there are no minifigs which I think sucks since the cockpit looks like it could fit a pilot in there. $200 does seem like a lot of money for this but it looks nice what can I say.

Hmm $200 is simply too high for this set and piece count. Yes it is a big looking set, but not much mass to it, nor particulary elegant. No matter how I look at it, by piece count or total weight, it does not really measure up for me. Compared to the R2D2 it is at least $30 overpriced. On an esthetic level I am also not wowed in the slightest. The colors are mundane, the canopy odd, and the set appear to sag in the designer video. For me this set will be firmly in the "wait for discount" category.

The B-Wing has to be put into the vertical position in order to look like it should. I think LEGO is starting to realize these UCS sets are being snapped up by adults, collectors and re-sellers and are capitalizing on this idea and charging more. In comparison to a Modular Building with 500 more pieces and $50 less, these UCS STAR WARS sets are priced high.

• 1 month later...

Well, I've always loved the B-wing. I'll be getting one. It looks much better than the set they did a few years ago....6208 IIRC. That one always fell apart and was flimsy. I got it for my son but it didn't last. The pieces are now part of the brick inventory. This UCS one looks a lot nicer. I agree it's a bit pricey but that's the market we're currently in. Most all Lego sets have increased too much in retail price in the past two years.

The B-Wing has to be put into the vertical position in order to look like it should. I think LEGO is starting to realize these UCS sets are being snapped up by adults, collectors and re-sellers and are capitalizing on this idea and charging more. In comparison to a Modular Building with 500 more pieces and $50 less, these UCS STAR WARS sets are priced high.

That is very true, down here in australia the R2-D2 was $249.99 and was advertised heavily in an annual toy sale at target (for kids ofcorse). Then along comes the B-wing with 700 or so less peices and not really something that would be familiar with kids. And low and behold $349.99, so yes they are definently price targeting these kind of sets!!

I don't know who makes the decisions on making the UCS Sets....but there are other ships and vehicles I would definitely rather see them design. Examples: Jango or Boba Slave I ships in USC would be cool. The AT AT a big one with close to piece count as the 10179 Millenium Falcon. A Bust of Darth Vader would be a HOT seller. Imagine your Darth Maul and then next to it Darth Vader!!! WICKED!!!!! Lukes Land Speeder or the Sand Crawler. I know I've heard rumors about the Sand Crawler. Jabbas Sail Barge would b really cool in a UCS. The detail and colors of that would be awesome and with a bonus you can add the desert skiff and the Sarlac. A Storm Trooper Bust would also be AWESOME. I've notice that most of the UCS sets are from episodes 4,5, and 6 besides the Darth Maul Bust. If they are keeping it classic why Darth Maul and Obi One Jedi Star Fighter? What about the Clone Gunships or the AT TE or the Drop Ship or AT OT. General Grievous Ship would be cool too. Thoughts anybody?

I don't know who makes the decisions on making the UCS Sets....but there are other ships and vehicles I would definitely rather see them design. Examples: Jango or Boba Slave I ships in USC would be cool. The AT AT a big one with close to piece count as the 10179 Millenium Falcon. A Bust of Darth Vader would be a HOT seller. Imagine your Darth Maul and then next to it Darth Vader!!! WICKED!!!!! Lukes Land Speeder or the Sand Crawler. I know I've heard rumors about the Sand Crawler. Jabbas Sail Barge would b really cool in a UCS. The detail and colors of that would be awesome and with a bonus you can add the desert skiff and the Sarlac. A Storm Trooper Bust would also be AWESOME. I've notice that most of the UCS sets are from episodes 4,5, and 6 besides the Darth Maul Bust. If they are keeping it classic why Darth Maul and Obi One Jedi Star Fighter? What about the Clone Gunships or the AT TE or the Drop Ship or AT OT. General Grievous Ship would be cool too. Thoughts anybody?

I agree with all of your points. I often thought about a bust of Darth Vader. I have a custom set of instructions for an AT AT that uses about 5000 pieces, but I have never got around to building it. There are some weak UCS sets. Naboo Starfighter? Come on...LOL. How about a bust of Darth Malgus or a C-3PO UCS set?

Right!!!! Darth Malgus bust would be so sick!!! C3PO is cool too. How about a 2000 piece set of Jabba the Gangster!!!! Make him look real Big and mean with lots of detail. That would look real cool. Or how about a bust of The Emperor! So many to chose from. Oh how about a 2000 piece UCS set of the Rancor. How cool would that be. I need to be on the UCS board. Lol Naboo Starfighter is the worse one. Do you know why they haven't made Pademe's Ship? The bright silver one In episode 3. Forgot the name of it but that could be a nice UCS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the link! I'm planning on buying myselfF one to build on Saturday :) Here's the breakdown. 199 MSRP 10% coupon from Lego Double VIP points Free TC-14 droid So net costs should be around 155 USD. Figuring in sales tax and cash value of VIP points and i can probably sell TC14 for around 20 bucks.

VERY IMPRESSIVE UCS B-WING!!!

I just received the new 10227 UCS B-WING. I was very, very impressed. The set was very large. The box was a new, reinforced type that was very different from past poor quality boxes. I am going to go out on a limb here and say this will be a very nice collector's set.

Take advantage of the LEGO deal right now. FREE TC-14, double VIP points(worth $20 OFF) and FREE shipping.