10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

Personally, from an adult point of view, I found it a little ridiculous that B-wing displayed Death Star superlaser-type weaponry. Ok, 75050 tanked bigtime, but producers need to get a life a bit if they want to retain a minimum of credibility. Sadly, I have to side with Agent Callus here...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, lazuli16 said: Parents are more likely to buy the non-UCS version; which they can easily find for 40.99.

I am a parent. And if I would buy a B-wing I would definately buy the UCS.

Yeah but are you buying it really for your kid or yourself? Ha.

My kid has a couple UCS sets built in his room and never touched them once since they are too bulky, heavy or fragile to "swoosh" or just plug and play a minidfig into the cockpit w/o modification

18 hours ago, Lateral-G said:

All I know is that if they used the B-wing in RoTJ like they did last night in Rebels then sales would be much higher of both the UCS version and the standard version.

and you would be surprised how many adults watch Rebels now that the story line is getting more interesting. The series has definitely improved since the initial episodes of season 1

I hear they are considering changing the name of the series to Clone Wars: The Rebels Squad

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lateral-G said: All I know is that if they used the B-wing in RoTJ like they did last night in Rebels then sales would be much higher of both the UCS version and the standard version.

and you would be surprised how many adults watch Rebels now that the story line is getting more interesting. The series has definitely improved since the initial episodes of season 1

I hear they are considering changing the name of the series to Clone Wars: The Rebels Squad

My son started watching Clone Wars 2 weeks ago and likes it. Still likes Rebels so much better since OT ships and people are in it. I guess he can relate to it. When we watched the last Rebels episode, he noticed the B-Wing which was surprising since he's only 6 and the ship wasn't featured much in ROTJ.

I do think parents around my age (watching Rebels with their kids) are relating to Rebels much more than The Clone Wars. This can only help OT Lego demand by younger kids.

now will 10227 demand be helped by kids. Prob not but i do think more AFOLs might give the set another look before ignoring ones for sale

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

My son started watching Clone Wars 2 weeks ago and likes it. Still likes Rebels so much better since OT ships and people are in it. I guess he can relate to it. When we watched the last Rebels episode, he noticed the B-Wing which was surprising since he's only 6 and the ship wasn't featured much in ROTJ.

I do think parents around my age (watching Rebels with their kids) are relating to Rebels much more than The Clone Wars. This can only help OT Lego demand by younger kids.

now will 10227 demand be helped by kids. Prob not but i do think more AFOLs might give the set another look before ignoring ones for sale

Season 2 has been much better. Not just Clone Wars characters returning (which is great), but the structure of the episodes as well.

I am not sure that it will apply nowadays (due to market oversaturation), but back in the days of the Clone Wars, I was successfully able to stock up on the minifigs of characters that were to be featured in future episodes. They would always get a big bump up in demand/value after appearing. But like I mentioned, those days are pretty much gone.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

10227 is approaching $300+, so it's slowly rising

Wish I kept all those $99 10227s but I needed the funds HH and THs so I can't complain much.   Boy, that was a pretty sight despite the wife wanting to kill me.  Actually, all but 3 or 4 sets remain in my stock from the 2014 pic.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Another big regret of mine - I was on the site but not on the forums when that sale happened. Never got one.

My license plate once said "BWING"

Nice thing about the $99 Lego sale is TRU matched the discount that May 4th weekend. Soon enough, online retailers had them anywhere from $140 to $175 for what's prob the least produced SW UCS set of all-time

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

The longer I wait to purchase this set the more I know I'll regret it.

I'm sure a nice and friendly Brickpicker will trade one to me at some point, right.....?

31 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

I think you have too much faith in your fellow-brickpickers. ;-)

We share.

shark_feeding_frenzy_by_eylk341-d5grr3k.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
On 13/11/2015 at 5:27 PM, BrickLegacy said:

The longer I wait to purchase this set the more I know I'll regret it.

I hear you. The more I look at the huge disappointments that were released by LEGO in 2016 (AoH and the DS remake) I am looking at the UCS B-Wing that is missing from my collection. But it's impossible now to still get one for less than €300. How I wish I had gotten out of my Lego Dark Age just a few years earlier... sigh...

Edited by Haay
  • Like 1

This is the next set on my buy list. I'm going to build it so I'd rather not pay the BNIB premium but the values have definitely risen while I've been slowly building my UCS back catalog. Now, finding a used one full stop is hard work. 

Funnily enough last time I looked, importing a bnib one from US via @emazers was my cheapest option.