10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the original post, I would say the 10227 has been a dud so far because of the $99 and $150 sales. Remember, this was the last exclusive set ever discounted at Walmart, Amazon, etc...

They appear a lot in the books published post-ROTJ. I know that Disney is not bound to that and are changing a lot of what is 'official' but I think we'll see A-Wings, B-Wings, X-Wings and E-Wings at the least.

for me there is a simple calculation:

if you think, there is a good increase in the next few months or 1-2 years, then buy it. no matter what price. even if its over MRSP!

considering this, your 99$ deals were absolutely perfect, because for now you can sell this set for 220$. but keep in mind it

Was it also discounted heavily in Europe, e.***. for 99 euro?

the funny part about that, at the time, our European members here were screaming about their lack of discount on this set. Shortly after, Lego went to no discounts in the US at all whereas Europe started to get discounts on several exclusive sets. The tables were truly turned.

There are a number of things only in the films briefly that are wildly popular. Boba Fett and the SSD come to mind right off the bat. I think the B-Wing is just an ugly ship and a stupid looking design and most people just don't like it.

Boba Fett and SSD were in movie(s) far longer than B-Wing. ;)  Btw, keep us posted on your B-Wing auction. 

Well..for that matter I wonder why is the Imperial Shuttle so criminally underrated then? It spent enough of time on the screen and looks epic, yet the gains on this set are minimal! 

The imperial shuttle has doubled in price. Some people need to get their expectations in check and join us in the real world.

It seems there is no shortage of them available in the secondary market (Ed's top set list confirms it was well hoarded). Despite there being some truth to joining you in the real world, I just have to agree with hannibal. The IS is just so incredible when built that I think the gains haven't kept pace with my expectations. I'm currently building the Sandcrawler and it looks so darn small and plain compared to the IS. I've been looking at the BWing's box in my storage area and it too looks so darn plain (not to mention the box is 100% fugly).

Despite it being UCS and despite it being Star Wars, I have zero interest in keeping a BWing for my personal collection.