10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At that pricepoint I would not touch it. Hence, I left one in a shop two months ago. And that one was priced 150 euro.

I agree at €225ish.  

Now if the ship makes an appearance in ep 7, it will help with demand and the value will increase. It still appears to be the least produced UCS SW ever (20 months or so). 

I agree at €225ish.  

Now if the ship makes an appearance in ep 7, it will help with demand and the value will increase. It still appears to be the least produced UCS SW ever (20 months or so). 

The B-Wing is in the S2 "Rebels" trailer, but it appears to be a red version.

Thanks for all the input guys. So my gut feeling was good... Potentially worth in a very long time haul but mid-term there are better ways to invest your money. Besides I found 5 GE for 172€ in the same shop, that's a far better investment imo.

Let's see if EV gets a better than 10% off treatment this May the 4th, this one I am also terribly biased about (the other end of the bias :D), I have a feeling it might do really well after EOL.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi this set is not appreciating that much  i have bunch of these sets since it was offered for 100$ on May4th 2013 . now it sells between 230$ to 250$ on eBay.. is it a good time to sell i was kind of surprised in last 2 days i put 2 of these sets for 250$ each and both were sold within few hours...

just curious should i hold the remaining? or sell them..and why these are going so quickly

thanks

I have some and I am still holding on to them. For a long time in the UK this set was selling just a few bucks over MSRP, which wasn't even good enough to pay for the fees etc. Recently though, the supply of this set started to thin out and super slowly, the prices started to elevate and maybe one day in the future this is going to be so rare that it will play in its favour :) Who knows!!!!

Guest TabbyBoy

Even after buying it for £122.39, I managed to offload it over a year later for.... £122.39.

Buying this instead of another R2-D2 was a big mistake.

It's a nice set but as unpopular as a dose of haemorrhoids.  IMHO, it's not worth holding on to if you can dump now to break even ;-)

If you're looking to resell, I dont understand the attraction to this set. Maybe if you are getting some insane deal off MSRP, it might be smart, but commercially, the B wing is no where near the Y,X, and A wing fighters in terms of popularity or recognizability. I don't see the resell appeal quite frankly.

What I truly don't understand is 10225 besting 10212 in price / MSRP.  10227, sure, the B-Wing is kinda weird.  But the Imperial Shuttle is pure elegance.  I think this is anti-Imperial bias at work, and the Justice department should look into it.

What I will say for 10227, is it's far truer to the look of the 'real thing' than 10225 is.  I can't make myself like that blocky, pixelated R2 sculpture, no matter how fast my 15 sets appreciate.

Edited by GhostDad
  • Like 2

What I truly don't understand is 10225 besting 10212 in price / MSRP.  10227, sure, the B-Wing is kinda weird.  But the Imperial Shuttle is pure elegance.  I think this is anti-Imperial bias at work, and the Justice department should look into it.

What I will say for 10227, is it's far truer to the look of the 'real thing' than 10225 is.  I can't make myself like that blocky, pixelated R2 sculpture, no matter how fast my 15 sets appreciate.

​I can't figure it out either. The IS is by far one of the most elegant and beautiful ships SW ships to display in the form of Lego Set. It just looks epic! 

• Like 2

I've been on the fence about this set for a long time now.  I want to buy it just to say I own it, but I don't either, because even a lot of people I know that know star wars barely would recognize the ship.  It's just such a throwaway honestly.  And of course with the price holding pretty steady at retail, I'm not in a big rush to get it before it explodes in price.  I just think they could have put that UCS slot to better use.

I do like the look of the model though, it's a really well done one for sure.

I've been on the fence about this set for a long time now.  I want to buy it just to say I own it, but I don't either, because even a lot of people I know that know star wars barely would recognize the ship.  It's just such a throwaway honestly.  And of course with the price holding pretty steady at retail, I'm not in a big rush to get it before it explodes in price.  I just think they could have put that UCS slot to better use.

I do like the look of the model though, it's a really well done one for sure.

​Well... at least you can be quite sure Lego will think twice before launching another B-Wing in whatever form after the recent two "failures".

I am really curious how this set will develop post Episode VII. I am keeping mine till that time and see what happens.

​Well... at least you can be quite sure Lego will think twice before launching another B-Wing in whatever form after the recent two "failures".

I am really curious how this set will develop post Episode VII. I am keeping mine till that time and see what happens.

​It's in the trailer for the new season of "Rebels".

• Like 1

​I know for sure you won't lose the money you have already gained on it.  I just don't see it gaining a whole lot.  It's been holding at steady retail for a long time now.  I know it was heavily discounted, but it's not that great either.  I highly doubt episode VII is really going to boost the price on this.  Now if you are talking MF, Xwing, Tie Fighter, then hell yeah!!!!  But this I believe will mostly be ignored.

• 2 months later...

A set got sold today for £295 with Free P&P. Not bad for a set which sat on MSRP for more than a year. If one sits on this thing for a long period might just make a little profit.... Previously deemed to be one of the worst investments in my Brickfolio, this thing now starts to take off.... Nice!

• Like 2

A set got sold today for £295 with Free P&P. Not bad for a set which sat on MSRP for more than a year. If one sits on this thing for a long period might just make a little profit.... Previously deemed to be one of the worst investments in my Brickfolio, this thing now starts to take off.... Nice!

I think you guys had a glut of stock over there in the UK, since LEGO didn't liquidate them like they did in the US.  I think we'll all see a steady increase from here on out.

This one is creeping into my "regrets" list.  I didn't start participating here until after B-Wing discount day.  B-Wing is my all-time favorite Star Wars ship.  Heck, my license plate was "BWING" for years.  I have the current B-Wing, but wish I would have picked up just one of these at $99 for myself.

• Like 1