10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost tripled at the prices i got my stock for. this was before the lego iron grip on exclusives...

Well, what If I tell you that I was passing by and I saw a lorry full of Imperial Shuttles making a delivery for Lego LEGO Shop at Home. It happened that they left behind a pallet and I snatched the boxes for free.

You can't beat that can you? So in my books the Shuttle would be the best selling set ever with the best ever return, but that would be irrelevant to you. No?

It seems there is no shortage of them available in the secondary market (Ed's top set list confirms it was well hoarded). Despite there being some truth to joining you in the real world, I just have to agree with hannibal. The IS is just so incredible when built that I think the gains haven't kept pace with my expectations. I'm currently building the Sandcrawler and it looks so darn small and plain compared to the IS. I've been looking at the BWing's box in my storage area and it too looks so darn plain (not to mention the box is 100% fugly).

Despite it being UCS and despite it being Star Wars, I have zero interest in keeping a BWing for my personal collection.

It is a great build and it displays great. I don't get the hate for this set. I love it.

almost tripled at the prices i got my stock for. this was before the lego iron grip on exclusives...

Yep, consistently 20% off.

Yep, the IS was discounted for a long time. $205 was my average buy in.

Back to the B-Wing. I have only 5 left that I am holding onto long term. The ship is unique and those completest will want one.

lol, funny.

I wish my work travels would take me near some more Legoland stores, they seem to have interesting items at times. Love their polybag rack that seemed to have a lot of the 2015 sets in it. Even had a Duplo polybag.

this set just caught my eye since I thought it had been retired.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys (& gals), sorry for bumping the old thread, but I need your advice: I found few of these "scragglers" at 223 euros so I was wondering if you thought it was worth it. I am a SW collector, so my bias is very prominent here, that's why I make a call for opinions. I never liked this set as a collector, I was very much like these Japanese Lego fans, passing it up when it was around 169€, but now I'm trying to see things from investor perspective...

So worth it or let it collect dust like before? Reasonable time frame in mind for that kind of set, say 6-12 months?

Thanks!

Edited by Vinetu