10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this set, never built it but I display the box art.  I bought at full retail, I couldn't let it get away.  Would I have liked to get 100 off?!  Of course!!!  But as a collector, I'm happy about it.  I could see it selling for 500 eventually.  It's what I'd pay now for it.  I remember the and ucs imperial shuttle sitting for  long time too.  I like it more than the B wing.  I don't know what that one goes for either, but I'd fork out 500 for that one too.

I love this set, never built it but I display the box art.  I bought at full retail, I couldn't let it get away.  Would I have liked to get 100 off?!  Of course!!!  But as a collector, I'm happy about it.  I could see it selling for 500 eventually.  It's what I'd pay now for it.  I remember the and ucs imperial shuttle sitting for  long time too.  I like it more than the B wing.  I don't know what that one goes for either, but I'd fork out 500 for that one too.

10212 is past $500

• Like 1

Yeah, the amazing Imperial Shuttle lingered for a long time just over retail. It was quite bizarre to me as it looks stunning when displayed. It's a great ship in terms of Design and fantastic representation as a Lego with very reasonable scale. Recent sales start to push £450 and it won't be long before this set hits the £500 mark on ebay.

The folk on the US shore were quite fortunate grabbing the B-Wings for ridiculously low prices, however here in Europe story is different. I've noticed too, that the B-Wing now stabilised and gradually started climbing. Also the number of sets available through ebay decreased significantly. I have several I would like to sell..but just like the 10212...we have to be patient and give it time if we're to maximise on profit! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Europe seems to be waking up to the charms of this set as no less than 4 have been sold in the last day.

Is there something we should know about this featuring in the new film?

It would make sense considering the B-wing was designed to replace the Y-wing. Eventually they phased out Y-wings with these. I'd be very surprised if these weren't featured in the new movie.

It would make sense considering the B-wing was designed to replace the Y-wing. Eventually they phased out Y-wings with these. I'd be very surprised if these weren't featured in the new movie.

Yes, though I think only hardcore fans know this (that B-wings were the replacement bomber in the Rebel arsenal).  They're great fun to use in the SW Empire at War games.  The Y-wing is already obsolete by Episode IV, though it's the nicer looking of the two.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lateral-G said:

After tonight's Rebels I sense an uptick in desire for the B-wing. 

Plus I learned something new with how the weapons work on this ship. 

Exactly.  If only we saw some of that type of flying in the Blade -Wing during ROTJ.  Excluding the X-Wing, everyone was always intrigued with the A-Wing because it crashed into that SSD & the Y-Wing was in films.  It was so cool in Rebels how B-Wing's firepower took out a ISD.

8 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

Does the audience that watches Rebels have the :money: to acquire a b-wing?

That´s what parents are for!

8 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

Does the audience that watches Rebels have the :money: to acquire a b-wing?

That´s what parents are for!

On 10/17/2015, 3:36:49, valenciaeric said:

Europe seems to be waking up to the charms of this set as no less than 4 have been sold in the last day.

Is there something we should know about this featuring in the new film?

Mine have been selling fast. 

Upped the price point to slow down the sales...

All I know is that if they used the B-wing in RoTJ like they did last night in Rebels then sales would be much higher of both the UCS version and the standard version.

and you would be surprised how many adults watch Rebels now that the story line is getting more interesting. The series has definitely improved since the initial episodes of season 1.