10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

I have a hard time believing that there will be another Death Star in the 7-9 Trilogy. I DO think they will find a way to get the Falcon in at least number 7 to have the ship finally meet its demise. I could be completely wrong though.

They will NEVER destroy the Millenium Falcon!!! In The Fate Of The Jedi book series, the Millenium Falcon is still going strong, and this is when Han Solo is in his 70's!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time believing that there will be another Death Star in the 7-9 Trilogy. I DO think they will find a way to get the Falcon in at least number 7 to have the ship finally meet its demise. I could be completely wrong though.Death Star III? The name doesn't fly with me. There will probably be more releases of Falcons, Slaves, and Y-wings after the new movies come out.

If "the ship finally meets its demise" would TLG still want to make a set out of a wrecked ship though? A bunch of gray pieces lumped up for displaying. :) I expect that at least for the first movie, the Falcon will not be destroyed.

I can imagine a wrecked Millennium Falcon set:

The Millennium Falcon narrowly escapes capture by the infamous criminal Jabba the Hutt! Complete with 5 minifigures, Captain Han Solo, his co-Captian Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO, and Princess Leia. Will the semi-functioning ship travels through the galaxy to fight another day against the Empire? Help Han and his friends put together their ship that comes with 500 random gray pieces for your child to spend hours on end trying to make sense of them!!!

I have a hard time believing that there will be another Death Star in the 7-9 Trilogy. I DO think they will find a way to get the Falcon in at least number 7 to have the ship finally meet its demise. I could be completely wrong though.Death Star III? The name doesn't fly with me. There will probably be more releases of Falcons, Slaves, and Y-wings after the new movies come out.

If "the ship finally meets its demise" would TLG still want to make a set out of a wrecked ship though? A bunch of gray pieces lumped up for displaying. :) I expect that at least for the first movie, the Falcon will not be destroyed.

I can imagine a wrecked Millennium Falcon set:

The Millennium Falcon narrowly escapes capture by the infamous criminal Jabba the Hutt! Complete with 5 minifigures, Captain Han Solo, his co-Captian Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO, and Princess Leia. Will the semi-functioning ship travels through the galaxy to fight another day against the Empire? Help Han and his friends put together their ship that comes with 500 random gray pieces for your child to spend hours on end trying to make sense of them!!!

Haha!

I have a hard time believing that there will be another Death Star in the 7-9 Trilogy. I DO think they will find a way to get the Falcon in at least number 7 to have the ship finally meet its demise. I could be completely wrong though.

They will NEVER destroy the Millenium Falcon!!! In The Fate Of The Jedi book series, the Millenium Falcon is still going strong, and this is when Han Solo is in his 70's!

They have stated they won't follow any books for this series, but seriously, that ship is like an old Datsun that just keeps going, it HAS to die at some point.

There's one angle to this set I've been considering for a little while. Ever wonder why the B-wings got no screen time in episode 6. We see them deploy against the death star, we even get a nice shot of them extending their wings with endor as a backdrop. They veer off with the other fighters when Lando calls off the attack....and that's it. They're never seen on screen again. I had to google it, but apparently they had technical difficulty with the models washing out against the bluescreen backdrop they were using. There were rumors that with the blue-ray special edition that was recently released there would be some new footage inserted of the B-wings participating in the space battle with the star destroyers, but that the sequences were withheld for a future release. I'm actually curious if that might not see the value of this set shoot up if the rumors are true, especially if this "new footage" was held back for the 3d release of Jedi in 2017. Double bonus if it isn't just a five second shot, but 30-60 seconds of well done cgi that actually looks decent. Now that Lucas has been separated from the project all bets are off.

• Like 1

They have stated they won't follow any books for this series, but seriously, that ship is like an old Datsun that just keeps going, it HAS to die at some point.

They may not follow the books for these movies, but there are to many people, (like me) who would start an uproar if they went against cannon Star Wars law, as contained in the novels.

I can't say I'm a fan of this set. It really isn't an iconic ship from the series, I can't even recall where you see it in the movies. It will appreciate just because it is a SW UCS set but I can't see it doing as well as other recent UCS sets like SSD, R2-D2, IS.

Plus 101227 B-Wing isn't even that expensive....in comparison with some of the other UCS sets. For people with a smaller budget, I think that this set is a winner and would rather have 2 of these than a Death Star. I think it looks decent, but not as good as some other UCS sets. Looked great when I say it in the Lego Store, so I think it will be nice. Not sure exactly about the building experience of the set. Doesn't look like it has that much repetition which is good! ;)

One of the most underrated sets currently at retail. Awesome set IMO. If you don't buy a couple, you will be crying after it hits EOL and wondering why you didn't pull the trigger.

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps set some funds aside for when this set goes on sale. But if so many people are on the fence but their spending money goes elsewhere to some other set with more eye appeal, everyone who stocks a few away will be very happy and very well rewarded.

Even buying 2-3 at retail wouldn't be a bad idea if it retires before you can get them. Sometimes supply and demand hit on these kind of sets and the market can really take off. It has a lot going for it potential-wise.

Like Ed said, I would rather make sure I have some than be wondering why I passed on a set that met a lot of the criteria for investment worthy sets.

B-Wing is a sleeper. Look at 10215, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter. Its been retired all of a couple of months, was heavily discounted going into EOL (I bought four of them for $45 each at TRU up in Canada), is half the model the B-Wing is and the last three sold on ebay went for above MSRP. http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+10215&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc Money in the Bank? B-Wing is Apple at $60 a share.