10227 - UCS B-Wing Starfighter

MaximusLegous

About a month or so ago, Series 9 of the Minifigures was shown as "Sold Out" on Shop-at-Home with the "Retiring Soon" tag on them, and then roughly one to two weeks later they were back in stock saying "Available Now". That's the only time that sticks out I can recall.

Hey yah, that reminds me, I thought Lego had started using their "retiring soon" banner to warn people that sets were nearing retirement...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently building mine as well, but have the complete opposite opinion. I enjoyed th X Wing more than I am the B-Wing

My main reason for not enjoying the X-Wing is that with how simplified they made the instructions with little as 1 to 3 pieces per step, it seemed mislabeled as a 16+ age range set. An 8 or 9 yr. old could build that set (just not get the stickers on straight).

Now the UCS MF for example, and even the modular sets seem more appropriately labeled as 16+.

The Twilight was from the Clone Wars cartoon so it didn't have much of an adult following. The B-Wing is a classic Star Wars Ship and most adult collectors like it (for the most part). Also, the B-Wing doesn't have a "team Edward or team Jacob" bumper sticker on it. :P

I wouldn't say the Twilight was iconic at all, but I did like the design, similar to the B-wing shape in a way. They used it in quite a few episodes during season 1, and then dropped it for whatever reason...

I bought 2 sets at 50 off. Due to the reviews, I doubt it will surge in value even eol.

It will probably be several years before it hits the $250 range. I bought a few UCS Vader Ties on discount right before they retired, and it took me up until just recently to sell them for $325 or so...

It will probably be several years before it hits the $250 range. I bought a few UCS Vader Ties on discount right before they retired, and it took me up until just recently to sell them for $325 or so...

I don't think it will take long at all after EOL for it to go for 50 dollars over MSRP......

I agree with this. Once it's EOL and not available on the primary market then the panic buying will bump up the price. Hopefully that is after all of the quick flipping hitting the market now.

Meaning people will forget about it? are you predicting that it looses, or atleast doesnt do well in EOL?

He is just saying that people will forget this was 50% off at one point and therefore that won't have an impact on the set's performance. Ed has always been an optimist regarding this set so I doubt he is saying it will lose value.

I think most of us think it will do very well.

I think this was a tremendous deal that many of us benefited from. Some members bad mouth this set without even seeing the box or building the item. It is an awesome set and I have little fear of this set being a flop in the secondary market. It will hit the $300 mark easily after EOL.

I have no idea why this set got no love, I thought it was very strong and well constructed, most UCS sets have some structural issues since they are really designed for display, not play. Have you guys gone around swooshing your SSD's? How well does that work out for you? Some folks say it isn't iconic or didn't get enough screen time, I think of this one as every bit as iconic as the Y wing or perhaps moreso, adults will have to have this one in their collection right alongside the X wing.

I have no idea why this set got no love, I thought it was very strong and well constructed, most UCS sets have some structural issues since they are really designed for display, not play. Have you guys gone around swooshing your SSD's? How well does that work out for you?

Some folks say it isn't iconic or didn't get enough screen time, I think of this one as every bit as iconic as the Y wing or perhaps moreso, adults will have to have this one in their collection right alongside the X wing.

I think the B-Wing kicks the Y-Wing's butt!

I think the B-Wing kicks the Y-Wing's butt!

I do agree that this model is probably as popular as the Y-Wing, maybe just a little less, but I do have to say the Y-Wing is one of my favorite ships and would take it any day before this one.

Having said that, I also think that 10227 WILL do better than the Y-Wing in the future so... I am somewhat conflicted lol

I have no idea why this set got no love, I thought it was very strong and well constructed, most UCS sets have some structural issues since they are really designed for display, not play. Have you guys gone around swooshing your SSD's? How well does that work out for you?

Some folks say it isn't iconic or didn't get enough screen time, I think of this one as every bit as iconic as the Y wing or perhaps moreso, adults will have to have this one in their collection right alongside the X wing.

I built one of the $100 B-Wings I purchased, and have 'swooshed' it with no durability issues at all. I think maybe those who complain about it falling apart simply didn't built it carefully enough. While it was not the most enthralling of builds, I still had a fun couple of hours and enjoy how massive the final model is. I do wish the cockpit were able to be opened, but was THRILLED that it was printed and not a sticker!

I do wish the cockpit were able to be opened, but was THRILLED that it was printed and not a sticker!

Amen to that! Are there any stickers in the actual build?

I don't think it will take long at all after EOL for it to go for 50 dollars over MSRP......

I agree with this. Once it's EOL and not available on the primary market then the panic buying will bump up the price. Hopefully that is after all of the quick flipping hitting the market now.

I also agree. $50 is a fairly easy mark to make, especially for a SW UCS set. It should get to that mark in a month or less after EOL. I am confident that this will be a solid performer. Also, even if this set does only appreciate to $250, which I doubt, we still make $150 profit! :-)

Amen to that! Are there any stickers in the actual build?

Yeah there are 3 orange circle stickers. I am not sure why TLG doesn't print on those big smooth flat squares. Same story with the Sopwith Camel, the "ring" stickers were for those same pieces as the B-wing's. Perhaps the slight texture would be a quality control issue? Who knows...

You guys forget we live in a world market with 6 billion people in it. Even if they sold 10k sets during the sale it will do very little to the price of this over the long haul.

Every set has been on sale at one time or another...

True. Just interesting that Amazon finally started reducing the price AFTER May 4th. The set has been out for about 1 year now and they never really discounted it despite being a slow seller. Same for TRU except for May 4 ($99). I wonder when Walmart and Target will finally follow Amazon with discounting it.

I would put the "value" now between $150 and $170 after the last week of discounts AND if Amazon keeps the $153 price for 2~ days.

Even with Amazons price reduction to $153, they are still selling between $170-190 on bay auctions lol

Amazon recently lowered their price from the $170s to $150s. If amazon prices hold for more than 2 days, eBay auctions will complete with similar / slightly lower prices.

Amazon recently lowered their price from the $170s to $150s. If amazon prices hold for more than 2 days, eBay auctions will complete with similar / slightly lower prices.

I could be wrong but I think most sellers don't really care about what Amazon is doing with their prices......I guess I shouldnt say most sellers, I know I couldnt care less about what they do, then again I only sell retired sets not ones that are currently available.

walmart.com is down to $173. http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-B-Wing-Starfighter/22663996 amazon was down to the low $150s for a short period and then increased back to the mid-$170s. It was recently lowered again but this time, to $170 (seller fulfilled by amazon) while amazon's own price is nearly the same) http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Dailego-B-Wing-Fighter-10227/dp/B009OJGLR4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368452143